Idaho's Snow Load?

Huntin_GI

WKR
Hows the snow levels in your area? I don't want this to be a unit dropping event so if you can just say Southeast Corner or something like that, itd be cool.

Leaving for a bear hunt on the 17th and hunting through the 29th.

Hows the snow levels in your area? I don't want this to be a unit dropping event so if you can just say Southeast Corner or something like that, itd be cool.

Leaving for a bear hunt on the 17th and hunting through the 29th.
Some areas in central Idaho received a foot of snow today. East Idaho received 4-8" above 6000 feet.

Snowed up high here this last weekend and rained like hell everywhere else. River basically went up 15000 cfs and drastically dropped between Saturday and today. Bears have been out down low but up high still snowed in for the most part I think. Was too crappy this weekend so didn’t venture far. Can’t get on the roads I want to get up with how many trees I’ve been having to clear just to get my Tacoma through. Made it another .5 miles tonight to one of my baiting sites!

Drone shot of the river from Saturday and was impressive to look at how much the reservoir has come up in the last week!

Attachments

• C404E9CA-BF55-4C6D-8AC8-C3CFCB105857.jpeg
    C404E9CA-BF55-4C6D-8AC8-C3CFCB105857.jpeg
    477.8 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
So lets cut the state into 5 separate regions, and I don't leave until late next week. Any region going to be accessible and not a massive waste of time? I am going hell or high water but I have 3 separate units picked out starting in the bottom right corner and working north. Any thoughts ?

Y'all who live there, is this the type of snow hangs around or is it expected to melt off pretty quick?
Bogus Basin, the ski area above Boise got 18” earlier this week. The areas that received snow on top of bare dirt will melt off fast. New snow on top of an already existing snow pack will last longer. One thing to keep in mind when looking at the graph that shows the percent is a lot of those snotel sites are sitting at lower elevations that are generally already melted off, so if they receive any measurable amount of snow when normally they don’t have any, it will skew that percentage. Think of the Weiser basin. There should only be couple of the snotel sites that are carrying snow.

Back