Idaho Unit 39 Elk

BKIdaho

FNG
Be aware how often snow comes on that opener in that country. Plan accordingly and don’t get caught off guard. Doesn’t last long usually, 2-3 days max.

Be aware how often snow comes on that opener in that country. Plan accordingly and don’t get caught off guard. Doesn’t last long usually, 2-3 days max.
I used to duck and goose hunt in CA and we knew that anytime past mid October you ran the risk of snow and freeze ups hitting. Glad to know it shouldn't last long. I do plan on having a weather feed while backpacking and camping. Never know when things turn ugly in a hurry. Thanks for the info.

BKIdaho

FNG
I used to duck and goose hunt in CA and we knew that anytime past mid October you ran the risk of snow and freeze ups hitting. Glad to know it shouldn't last long. I do plan on having a weather feed while backpacking and camping. Never know when things turn ugly in a hurry. Thanks for the info.
Only thing I miss about CA, duck hunting the refuges N of Sac, plus the Northern opener by Susanville.

Aginor

Lil-Rokslider
No way around the amount of hunters in 39.... other than being able to climb a single mountain. Literally get one ridge above the road and you'll have it all to yourself