Idaho Tag Site Already Crashed

Jimmy

WKR
now that they are posting what zones are sold out on the waiting screen, people will start dropping out. But if I drop out will that remove me from the wait list or do they automatically put me in and wait 20 minutes until it expires?

NorthernHunter

Lil-Rokslider
DAV elk are gone 13 left for regular elk in Salmon zone. Fair amount of deer available. Good luck everyone. Hope you get what you are hoping for.

Deucebump

WKR
Anybody trust or tried the “hang up and we’ll call you back in the order you currently hold” method? Im looking at roughly 7-8 more hrs on hold. It is as much of a challenge now to see what I can get when I get through. But with the online sales moving again Im sure I will be skunked.

Rob5589

WKR

Message last updated: 1:51 PM MDT​

SOLD OUT
Nonresident White-tailed Deer

Nonresident General Deer
* 20A, 21, 77, 78
Nonresident Elk
* BIG DESERT B, LEMHI A, PIONEER B, SAWTOOTH A, SMOKY-BENNETT B, TEX CREEK A
Nonresident DAV Elk
* All Zones

IH8Cali

Lil-Rokslider
Anybody trust or tried the “hang up and we’ll call you back in the order you currently hold” method? Im looking at roughly 7-8 more hrs on hold. It is as much of a challenge now to see what I can get when I get through. But with the online sales moving again Im sure I will be skunked.
I did but regret that decision. I was ~3000 in line around 10 am, elected the call back around noon, but everything's already selling out. My spot in the online queue has not changed from 19303 since 10:30 this morning. Ah well.

TheTone

WKR
I’m not looking for anyone’s spot but how is access in the archery zone Josh bowmar killed a big bull in? Think it’s worth grabbing that tag if I only have an ATV and not an ebike, dirt bike, or UTV?
You’re going to have to pay a bunch to hunt that chunk of private or be an important influencer.

It’s not a difficult zone for access.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Learned my lesson two years ago. After the price increase and this nonsense it’s not worth hunting that state anymore. PM me if you draw Bear River B for Elk. I’ll get you onto some herds.

IdahoBeav

WKR

Message last updated: 1:51 PM MDT​

SOLD OUT
Nonresident White-tailed Deer

Nonresident General Deer
* 20A, 21, 77, 78
Nonresident Elk
* BIG DESERT B, LEMHI A, PIONEER B, SAWTOOTH A, SMOKY-BENNETT B, TEX CREEK A
Nonresident DAV Elk
* All Zones

I'm surprised most of those units are the first to go, not what I would've guessed.

Neckbone

Lil-Rokslider
Well it took 4 hours in the phone but I got myself and 3 others a tag. Started in the mid 600s on the phone. Surprised they let me purchase for the 3 others in my hunting party. $1100 total and we have 4 tags for unit 39 general deer.

mavinwa2

WKR
Res WA ST, winter>Gilbert AZ , NR>AZ, UT, NM, CO.
a friend has the ID system down pat.

Doug hires a PROXY to go in-person to a IDFG terminal outlet to buy his tag. This year he had 2 different proxy's at 2 different locations.
His brother (Iowa resident) did the same and got a tag 3 hours ago, with just 1 proxy.
This is 3 years in a row now he has an archery elk tag for 66-A !!

My log-in at 9:31am MST!
At least this time I had number 7300-ish and not ##, ###

Last edited:

arwhntr

Lil-Rokslider
Got through the process, didn't get my first few elk choices but a deer tag will do the trick.

tchad23

FNG
I was luckily able to get someone from my hometown to drive down to the gas station and get me a tag OTC. Got my DAV deer tag and am good to go. Still in line to see what's available as far as Elk go when my name is called.

Next year I am 100% going to stay in Idaho the night of the 30th so I can get my tag. This "experience" was turrible.

NorthernHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Have to wonder how 300 DAV elk were gone with only 2000 down in the line from where we started. Might be time to up the rating % to qualify for those.

500 DAV deer gone not all that long after.
I use the DAV tag when available. They should really raise the rate to 70 or 90%. I won't complain though. They are the only state I know of that offers that at all.

I use the DAV tag when available. They should really raise the rate to 70 or 90%. I won't complain though. They are the only state I know of that offers that at all.

Right, no beef there, even when ID went from unlimited DAV to DAV capped quotas, it was still 500 and 300 more than any other state. But if 300 gone after 2000 got through online says that it probably needs to be 70 on the low end. Just an awfully odd situation for 300 out of 2000 in a random draw to be DAV....unless as stated about DAV from surrounding states made the drive to buy in person.

JW22

FNG
It seems impossible to get the DAV tag using the online system. Less then 3400 went through the queue and all 800 tags are sold out. It's the main reason why I want to hunt Idaho but one that will likely never happen.

tboltz34

FNG
Well it took 4 hours in the phone but I got myself and 3 others a tag. Started in the mid 600s on the phone. Surprised they let me purchase for the 3 others in my hunting party. $1100 total and we have 4 tags for unit 39 general deer.
What time did you call in? I'm curious if I would have called in 30 mins before the sale, I would have been lower in line. I called in 5 mins before it opened.