Idaho Tag Site Already Crashed

My friend who was at sportsman's just texted, he's got his license and tags. Elk tag is for a popular unit. Took an hour and forty minutes in person. If you have a local vender this is the way to go.

You can close this page without losing your place in line.

someone let me know if this works :D
It did for me. I lost connection on a drive for a bit and logged back in and it held my place luckily. I don't think you want to risk it though

The best suggestion is to keep things as they are and have Elk and Deer on different days. Try something, this is just not sustainable.

Ive been in the same spot for 30 min+. This was botched from the beginning. Just waiting on them to do the right thing (they wont), shut this down. And do it another day. Things can go wrong in the check out process and its hit or miss. But the waiting room is the key to the whole random part of the process.
I'd scrap this system.

End "OTC" and just roll everything into the NR controlled hunt draw.
If they want my $ before the draw, so be it.

-No more hoping you have to refresh your page at just the right time
-No more wasted hours staring at a screen or on hold.
-No more waiting outside Sportsman's like its black friday.
-No more being put in the queue and getting booted off.
-No more not being able to apply as a group.

Plus, It'd be fair to people who can't be at a computer all day.

You can close this page without losing your place in line.

someone let me know if this works :D
The answer is "kind of" you don't lose your spot, but getting back to that page may take roughly 20-30 min. . . But at this point you've got plenty of time!

Being in the 28k range I figured it wouldn't hurt to try

how
It did for me. I lost connection on a drive for a bit and logged back in and it held my place luckily. I don't think you want to risk it though
how long was your drive if i may ask? i may have to be off for 45 minutes

My friend who was at sportsman's just texted, he's got his license and tags. Elk tag is for a popular unit. Took an hour and forty minutes in person. If you have a local vender this is the way to go.
Hell, at this point it may be quicker to drive there now for some of us:LOL:

The best suggestion is to keep things as they are and have Elk and Deer on different days. Try something, this is just not sustainable.

Ive been in the same spot for 30 min+. This was botched from the beginning. Just waiting on them to do the right thing (they wont), shut this down. And do it another day. Things can go wrong in the check out process and its hit or miss. But the waiting room is the key to the whole random part of the process.
I've been saying this every since they went to the waiting room system.

One of the biggest issues if it hasn't been brought up is people logging on multiple devices for a better number in the random lottery. I know of a guy last year that had 2 laptops, 3 ipads and an iPhone. He was holding 6 spots. He buys his tag with his best number, and the other 5 have to wait and go through their 20 minute time cap before being dropped.

Also multiple people are trying to hunt together. It would be smarter if they could create a system where you log into your account first, allowing only one login, and allow hunt parties, maybe up to 4 people? They've created an environment that is not functional unfortunately.

So the line has now been paused for 25 mins with zero movement “to ensure the system is working properly” …..Ummmm, im honna say it is NOT working properly! By my calculations I should be able to buy my tag sometime Sat morning with my 21392 number! Yay!!!😳🙄😳🙄

Site has said "under maintenance" for the past hour. Been trying to get on since 9:30 MST. I know this is technically a draw but c'mon.

Back