Idaho OTC tag purchase experience

ndflatlander

Lil-Rokslider
I was right around 25k inline wasn’t very optimistic but seemed like as the elk areas sold out people dropped off quickly. When i was around 6k inline it only took about 15 minutes and I was up! Had 6 units picked ended up getting a tag in one of those units!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

GoBig

FNG
Was 5900, made it to the front of the line, was told I was being directed to purchase a tag, it refreshed that page once, I sat there waiting, then it totally kicked me out of the system. Had to get back in line, deer tag I wanted was long sold out by then. Frustrating.

warrbuk

WKR
Was 5900, made it to the front of the line, was told I was being directed to purchase a tag, it refreshed that page once, I sat there waiting, then it totally kicked me out of the system. Had to get back in line, deer tag I wanted was long sold out by then. Frustrating.
Were you using the phone app or on a computer? Same thing happened to me with the phone app.. Very frustrating

Folks were actually camping out at the IDFG office in my little remote Idaho town…for more than a day. No clue how they did, but it’s a little crazy seeing that here. Feel for the NR hunters, the system sucks if you don’t have a ton of flexibility. Families seem to get screwed too.

BrentH

WKR
I was initially number 28,xxx. My number came up 2hr 7min into it, but I was on a work call and missed my opportunity to log in.

*I find it interesting people with lower numbers are saying it took them 3+ hours to get in.

I then re-joined the line on both my phone and my laptop. Only reason I joined on two devices was because of all the issues I was reading about online. The number on my phone was about 200 lower than the number on my laptop, but both in the 64k range.

When my phone said there was still 85 people in front of me, my laptop dinged that it was my turn, and it let me in. About 5 minutes later, my phone got the “your queue number is no longer valid” message.

BrentLaBere

Lil-Rokslider
First time trying it this year. Elk tags were all gone but I picked up a general tag. Looking forward to something new. Quite the experience going through that tag process.

westonhoma

Lil-Rokslider
Similar experience as several other guys written here at first glance. Was 21k in line. Took about 2 hours , last 30 minutes to that point i really jumped up.

Said there was 1 deer tag left in 35 which was one of the units I looked at so i snagged it

Luis

FNG
I don't know if it was worth the wait. This Nov was the oddest deer season I have seen in years. Very few bucks out, and they were smaller ones. I hope when the 2024 deer season comes around, it will have been worth the time I spent waiting in line.

Did it with my old man that morning, each sitting at our respective computers. I don’t remember exactly how long we had to wait but I got number 4600ish and my dad got number 12000ish. Feel like it took about 2 and a half hours total from waiting to purchase. We both got mule deer tags for the same backcountry unit and I’m so excited to get out there next year with my pops!!