Colorado OTC units that moved to draw units

Donjuan

WKR
For those of you who hunted archery units that were OTC and now draw, how has it affected the pressure? The tag allocations still seem high and many units are listed as having leftover licenses.

Also, I'm wondering if this has subsequently put more pressure on the remaining OTC units?

I'm also trying not to discuss specific unit numbers

Different people in different spots, regulars were noticably absent. Similar pressure overall.

dlee56

WKR
It was still packed but not as much as prior years. I think the extra effort/thought required deterred some folks but not many.

I wish all tags had to be purchased before July 1. Plan ahead or miss out

Jethro

WKR
Lots of hunting pressure. Can’t say what tag everyone had, but the 10 I actually spoke with all had elk tags. Any and every spot we tried required working around other hunters.

Speck1

Lil-Rokslider
My unit changed from OTC to zero point draw. Most of the people I see are the same every year. There are so many available tags that I don’t think it makes much difference.

It made me quit archery hunting. It became more crowded each year between 2016-2019, and I decided I was done with archery after that.

jdmaxwell

WKR
We run into less people now but even when was OTC we hardly run into anyone else where we hunt... only see vehicles in parking lot

bozeman

WKR
I saw one hunter last year at a 'long' distance from me.....that's all I saw past the trailhead. The year before was similar.......

It certainly kept the "Denver suburban unit jumpers" at bay this year. That was nice.

I saw way more people this year. actually I saw more people this year than I have in the last 4 or 5 years combined. after dark I could cut my light of and see other people's light over on the next ridges.