Idaho Moose Tag Drawn !!!

270quest

WKR
Took me 10 years of applying but I finally drew...61-1 west of Island Park to Dubois and Spencer. A good buddy of mine drew 61-2 a few year back and he took a 44" bull and it was a good hunt. Can we expect 61-1 to have same type of terrain? Anyone hunt this or have anything they would like to share about the unit? Ill be up there end of July to scout for a week and then plan to be out on the opener...Would really like to try to find a bull early with the chance he may still have velvet.

dk88

FNG
Congrats on the tag, I was lucky enough to draw a unit 59 tag so I will be hunting right next to you.

frank church guy

Lil-Rokslider
Awesaome! congrats. When i get from alaska i am going north to help friend try to get his shriras. fingures crossed.

OP
270quest

270quest

WKR
I killed a 36” bull in the velvet on my 3 rd day. Was by myself and never worked so hard in my life cutting and packing, but wouldn’t have traded it for the world.

T_Man57

FNG
Sorry for the delayed response, I had been a little busy hunting the last month. I was able to fill my tag with a moose that I am thrilled with!!! I ended up getting it the first week in October, the same brush was tall enough that it was tough to get many good pictures but here it is.View attachment 468354
Beautiful bull. Do you have any more pics you can share? I drew a unit 59 Moose tag this year. I'd love to see more of your bull, hear about your hunt and maybe pick your brain on the area a bit.

T_Man57

FNG
I killed a 36” bull in the velvet on my 3 rd day. Was by myself and never worked so hard in my life cutting and packing, but wouldn’t have traded it for the world.

Nice bull, any pics? Were you able to preserve the velvet?

OP
270quest

270quest

WKR
I am supposed to get it back from the taxidermist next month (he was backed up and I was in no hurry) But we did decide to strip the velvet and have it redone with fake velvet as it just got too damaged. Once I have in a few weeks, Ill post a pic of the mount.

When I killed it, I was by myself and it was getting hot and I did not take the pictures I should have - that is my one biggest regret from the hunt.