Idaho Moose/Goat/Sheep draw results

I don't understand?

He drew cow moose in Idaho and a bighorn ewe in Colorado.

He lives in the Alps about 400 miles south of me.
I'm a idiot. I was thinking Australia and was trying to poke at how he could hunt with anything but a rock considering guns are not the easiest to have. Ignore me, imma go back under my rock.

I'm a idiot. I was thinking Australia and was trying to poke at how he could hunt with anything but a rock considering guns are not the easiest to have. Ignore me, imma go back under my rock.
I used to live in Australia about 13 years ago. I don't know if I have talked about that or not.

Just like here in Europe you have to have a reason to own a firearm.

Hunting and target shooting are reasons in both nations. You have to have training and take test.

In other European countries you can own a firearm for protection from the baddies. But not in Germany.

No moose tag for the wife. I'd like to complain but last year I drew both a deer and elk tag that were about 18% each...odds of pulling both were worse than either my sheep or her moose so someday it'll happen.
I do feel for any resident who put in for a unit with only 1 tag and that tag went to non res.

A buddy of mine in Austria drew a cow tag. He also drew a ewe tag in Colorado.

You guys just need to move overseas.
This is interesting. Either one of two things is possible:

1. your buddy is lying to you
2. IDFG is lying to all of us

There is only one unit in Idaho that offers cow moose tags, unit 54 controlled hunt # 3094. There are 3 tags.
1715291524632.png

The department just posted the 2024 draw odds, and each one of those 3 tags went to residents.
1715291482214.png

As I write this there is an another option that will probably not be admitted to if it is true as it is illegal:
3. He owns property in Idaho and uses that to declare residency so that he gets cheaper tags/better draw odds.

Or shit there is one other option:
4. He drew it in a past year and not 2024

Reactions: TVW

There is only one unit in Idaho that offers cow moose tags, unit 54 controlled hunt # 3094. There are 3 tags.
View attachment 709680

The department just posted the 2024 draw odds, and each one of those 3 tags went to residents.
View attachment 709679

As I write this there is an another option that will probably not be admitted to if it is true as it is illegal:
3. He owns property in Idaho and uses that to declare residency so that he gets cheaper tags/better draw odds.

This could get interesting!

Reactions: TVW

View attachment 709680

View attachment 709679

5. They’ve had 2023 odds posted under 2024 since January and those are still the 2023 odds
(Edit to say I see now they did update them today)
6. He’s an expat who bought a lifetime license at some point, therefore his tag comes from resident pool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
5. They’ve had 2023 odds posted under 2024 since January and those are still the 2023 odds

Go check out now. It will come up with 2023 but say 2024. Click on say 2007 then go back to 2024 and it will be 2024 results. Scroll to right most column to be sure.

Go check out now. It will come up with 2023 but say 2024. Click on say 2007 then go back to 2024 and it will be 2024 results. Scroll to right most column to be sure.

I just saw. I’m thinking it’s possible he’s a lifetime license holder, their tags come from resident pool

Back