Idaho Fish and Game Website problems

Behlftball

Lil-Rokslider
By the time it gets to me at 13k I bet all that will be left is Lolo middle fork and panhandle

ianpadron

WKR
I can't wait for Brady's GoHunt video complaining about the computer system this year lol
For real. I like the GoHunt guys, but they are as much to blame for all these Western state tag allocation issues as anyone.

Idaho is a great state to hunt, always has been, always will be. The big push the past few years to turn the ID draw into the hunting equivalent of black friday is outrageous though imho.

sneaky

"DADDY"
For real. I like the GoHunt guys, but they are as much to blame for all these Western state tag allocation issues as anyone.

Idaho is a great state to hunt, always has been, always will be. The big push the past few years to turn the ID draw into the hunting equivalent of black friday is outrageous though imho.
Yeah, they just need to split the sales up. Elk one day, deer another day. Would eliminate a lot of this. Heck, do a number randomizer a week ahead of time and then give time slots based on your assigned number. That way you wouldn't have 50k people hitting the system at once.

ianpadron

WKR
Yeah, they just need to split the sales up. Elk one day, deer another day. Would eliminate a lot of this. Heck, do a number randomizer a week ahead of time and then give time slots based on your assigned number. That way you wouldn't have 50k people hitting the system at once.
I agree with splitting elk and deer.

I'd also propose a week long period to choose your top elk region or deer unit. If on 12/1 that unit is not at quota, you get your tag no problemo. If your top unit is full, THEN you go to the stone circle death match we all currently have to deal with.

eye_zick

Lil-Rokslider
I agree with splitting elk and deer.

I'd also propose a week long period to choose your top elk region or deer unit. If on 12/1 that unit is not at quota, you get your tag no problemo. If your top unit is full, THEN you go to the stone circle death match we all currently have to deal with.
IMO elk is the problem, seems like there is higher demand for NR elk hunting...

Howdy Partner

Lil-Rokslider

The commercialization of our public resources will be their downfall.
Man cannot help but try to profit on hunting and pad his own ego along the way.
Just a matter of time.

I can't believe ya'll are so cranky. This huge increase in demand is going to save the sport and make more elk and more public lands. And help Idaho's license vendor make bigger bucks and buy better servers. Can't yall see the bigger picture? Shame on ya'll for being so selfish!

khunter

Lil-Rokslider
what a $hit$show.

I was #329 in line so had my pick of tags. So that was great and likely to never be repeated.

I had to pay for elk tag 3 times before I was actually given the archery tag and received confirmation numbers etc. They literally hit my card all 3 times. All three charges are still pending on my card.

Also picked up a good archery whitetail tag where I hunted moose last year and was covered in deer.

Marble

WKR
I was in the waiting room and got assigned 13600, I knew it was hopeless for the tag I wanted. About 20 minutes later the screen refreshed and my number changed to 36000 something.

3 years in a row nothing...

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

ramhunter

FNG
I was 14,667 in line, after 8.5 hours of waiting I got the tags I wanted, Panhandle A and reg deer unit 6! Weren’t many Panhandle elk tags left or unit 6 deer when I got mine! thinking it will go all draw for non-residents soon! Who knows.

josef

Lil-Rokslider
Its pretty crazy that less than 5 years ago we used to buy our tags at Albertsons the night before the hunt. This website is complete bullshit but my guess is nothing will change because Idaho still sells out of all of their nonres general tags.

nvkevin

FNG
It was definitely a shit show. I feel bad for those of you that didn't get a fair shake. The system is flawed for sure. I ended up getting logged in at 9:52 MST and was given number 1744. I got the tag I wanted. Good luck to those of you that were fortunate enough to dodge the bullet this time around.

Anyone see IDFG post on Instagram yesterday?

They sold 27,000 NR tags in a 12hr period, and apparently there were 49,000 people online at one time trying to purchase tags!

160andup

Lil-Rokslider
At my number 329 there were 270’Diamond tags remaining and that was at 11:10 am I tookma screen shot. Not unit were sold out at that time.
Diamond is what I bought. Along with a whitetail tag.
Shortly after you purchased they put all us online folks on "pause" while the phone and in person sales continued. When we were un-paused after nearly 2 hours the good tags were gone.

At my number 329 there were 270’Diamond tags remaining and that was at 11:10 am I tookma screen shot. Not unit were sold out at that time.
Diamond is what I bought. Along with a whitetail tag.
So I never thought of this. If you have a great number you can basically get 1 excellent deer tag and 1 excellent elk tag. So it's like you got lucky twice, and lower numbers lose out twice?