Idaho Fish and Game Website problems

Behlftball

Lil-Rokslider
It's funny because the first thing I did was come to the forum to see if this was happening to everyone

just.mark

FNG
Its not their fault. How do you build a server to manage tens of thousands of people attempting to log on at the same time. You don't. You let it crash and the resilient ones are going to access when they can and the rest of us will take what we can get.
The purchasing web site is a private company under contract. It is absolutly thier fault i work in tech and i can tell you how to build a server that supports this, its done all the time for concerts and sporting events. The private company knows they have a monoply on the contract and is not purchasing enough resources to support demand.

OP
7Bartman

7Bartman

WKR
The purchasing web site is a private company under contract. It is absolutly thier fault i work in tech and i can tell you how to build a server that supports this, its done all the time for concerts and sporting events. The private company knows they have a monoply on the contract and is not purchasing enough resources to support demand.
Bingo!

sasquatch

WKR
Y’all in waiting room and I can’t even get on the site lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

fiskeri1

Lil-Rokslider
The AZ site was having similar problems last night, so Idaho is not alone in this.

Behlftball

Lil-Rokslider
Are they going to redo everyone's line number? What's the point of pushing it back? Didn't they have a year to prep for this

ianpadron

WKR
Its not their fault. How do you build a server to manage tens of thousands of people attempting to log on at the same time. You don't. You let it crash and the resilient ones are going to access when they can and the rest of us will take what we can get.
You really think a server with that type of capacity doesn't exist?! HA!

And if it's too expensive to get one, think up a less retarded method of tag allocation than this free for all circus.

psp8ball

FNG
1403. It finally got me into the waiting room with 54 seconds to go. My dad waited and waited and never did get into the waiting room. When he was able to get in, at 10:02 he was given number 16k.