Idaho draw

87TT

WKR
Vendors would hate it. No one would go to them to buy a tag. Right now I believe that a minimum of 50% of the tags are vendor only. IDFG depends on vendors and is not going to screw them to make NR hunters happy. Especially since it is working for them (all the tags get sold) so why change it?

Flyjunky

WKR
Vendors would hate it. No one would go to them to buy a tag. Right now I believe that a minimum of 50% of the tags are vendor only. IDFG depends on vendors and is not going to screw them to make NR hunters happy. Especially since it is working for them (all the tags get sold) so why change it?
Vendors get a tiny fraction of tag money, it's not like it makes them a ton of money. I sell licenses at my business in another state and vendors don't make what you think.

Flyjunky

WKR
They can run it however they want. Online, in-person. Whatever.

Just feel it should be up to every individual to secure their own tag.
I agree and if they stay with the online system they need to take care of the glitches in the system that are happening.

khunter

Lil-Rokslider
yeah i have a very low number and all these zones with 1000+ tags are gone. Has to be physical tag buyers. I hate this process. I dont hate it becasue im losing, i hate it because i dont understand how im losing.
define ‘very low number’. what. number were you?

Last edited:

khunter

Lil-Rokslider
I am an Idaho resident. My three non-rez hunting partners got kicked out of the IDFG website system when their numbers came up. Our Elk zone has since sold out. Their numbers were as low as 8,000 up to 21,000.
They called IDFG and were 1700 in line to talk to an agent. Now IDFG is telling them to leave a number and IDFG will call them back. The IDFG system is having serious issues like last year or there are so many non-rez travelling to Idaho to buy tags over the counter.
🤔. They need a better hunt partner. One who is willing to go to a vendor and hook them up. Why did you not buy a tag for them?

Last edited:
If FNG is offensive, and it's known that will be your title before you join.....you're probably not salty enough for the crowd here and will want to change this to where you came from.

He should probably just stay off the internet. Truthfully this place is highly tame. Trolling is lightly tolerated. Heaven forbid you say something slightly off color

Gun&BowSD

Lil-Rokslider
Just got off the phone with IDFG, they are receiving a ton of calls and emails regarding the forced log off issue. They said at this time they are “still trying to narrow down exactly what happened, and to email the liceses email with your situation” so…I guess that’s that. I’m sure nothing will change but hopefully they get it fixed for next time

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just got off the phone with IDFG, they are receiving a ton of calls and emails regarding the forced log off issue. They said at this time they are “still trying to narrow down exactly what happened, and to email the liceses email with your situation” so…I guess that’s that. I’m sure nothing will change but hopefully they get it fixed for next time
Have you ever used the system before? I'd say your more likely to encounter a problem using Idaho system then to have it function like it should.
I put little faith into them actually addressing the situation since it's a recurring problem every year.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Gun&BowSD

Lil-Rokslider
Have you ever used the system before? I'd say your more likely to encounter a problem using Idaho system then to have it function like it should.
I put little faith into them actually addressing the situation since it's a recurring problem every year.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Yeah, I was there during the old system too. When it changed, that really sucked haha. It wasnt until this thread this year I learned that somebody can buy 20+ tags for others though. Thats just…no

jonesn3

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah, I was there during the old system too. When it changed, that really sucked haha. It wasnt until this thread this year I learned that somebody can buy 20+ tags for others though. Thats just…no
Didn’t IDFG adverise both on their email psa’s, and also on their automated virtual waiting room or queue, that you could purchase tags and license for other others (up to 5 in person)? It seemed pretty clear that was possible this year (last year I think it was less obvious). The msg displayed online while your turn was new this year I believe.

Attachments

• BF83CEC4-1227-4615-ADC5-56F0926F2E23.jpeg
    BF83CEC4-1227-4615-ADC5-56F0926F2E23.jpeg
    319 KB · Views: 54
  • 8616D45B-5F2D-4007-AECE-F1C491014749.jpeg
    8616D45B-5F2D-4007-AECE-F1C491014749.jpeg
    341.4 KB · Views: 54

wapitibob

WKR

Untitled.jpg

You guys are making the mistake of thinking IDFG cares. They don't, never have and likely never will.

They don't care about your experience, they don't care about your satisfaction, they only care about your money and folks are lining up in droves to give it to them.

IH8Cali

Lil-Rokslider
Why would IDFG change anything? Did they not have another banner year? If anything, look forward to more tags and an uptick in fees.

87TT

WKR
You were just shy by about 12,049 people @87TT
That is only for one day. The total numbers of tags sold all three years was the same just not on Dec 1st. By looking at that, I can see no need to change the system since all the tags get sold in one day.

Alder_

Lil-Rokslider
That is only for one day. The total numbers of tags sold all three years was the same just not on Dec 1st. By looking at that, I can see no need to change the system since all the tags get sold in one day.
The system can still be better.
These are the Department/People that should be working FOR the hunter.
Do they sell all their tags? Yes.
Is there room for improvement? Yes.

IDFG gladly takes all the hunter dollars they can. They can certainly start listening to their user base when they provide constructive feedback for a better system.
Picking tags for others with this much demand is a wild concept.

Interesting.
It certainly seems like the IDFG office sales likely doubled again this year. The large amount of people that travel to purchase in-person is news to me. I had no idea. Let's be real, most of these tags aren't very good. But, it seems like that the in-person and/or proxy buyer trend will continue.

Last year, I was #12. Bought an Island Park A tag.
This year, I was #1500. I figured I could get the same tag. There's 1,000 of them, for crying out loud. No such luck, already sold out. As was Pioneer A...I ended up buying a Palisades A tag, and there were only a few left at that point. At this point, it seems like you will need to either travel to Idaho or have someone proxy buy for you to secure even mediocre tags. I've hunted Idaho since 2007, but I think this may be my last year. I'm not driving to Idaho to spend $1,000 on a tag to hunt an overcrowded unit. There are better options.

I don't see an incentive for Idaho to change their system as long as people are buying these tags. Really, they should pry start charging more for them and I imagine that they will before long.

I do think it is reasonable that they patch their software (however that is done) to eliminate folks logging in on 6 different devices. I am pretty curious how many actual independent users are logging in to get these tags. This would at least mitigate some of the issues with repeated website crashes, I would think.

As a side note, did anyone notice that certain units were placed in the "sold out" category during the purchasing, only for those same tags to show up as available later on?