Idaho draw

I’ll go wait in line in person next year - I’ll start a bidding process to purchase tags for others - I prefer Zelle or Apple Cash .
Since it will be me and my dad waiting in line I can pay for the trip through the bidding process ..

sneaky

"DADDY"
Absolutely insane that you were 71 and 1800 diamond creek tags were already gone by the time you were up to bat
There aren't 1800 NR tags available for Diamond Creek. Little over 400 are NR tags

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
I would hope for each unique individual you're in line to get a tag for they would make you go to the back of the line and start the process over again, what you described is plain wrong.
Outfitters do it the most. Seen it firsthand many times

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

philcox

WKR
I’ll go wait in line in person next year - I’ll start a bidding process to purchase tags for others - I prefer Zelle or Apple Cash .
Since it will be me and my dad waiting in line I can pay for the trip through the bidding process ..
You joke, but THIS is what is going to happen. I thought the same things. There are so many hunters with apparently unlimited cash. I will "guarantee them their tag". Charge them $1K, get to Idaho a week early and camp out. Be #1 in line, and buy my 500 tags. Not a bad living $500K income for a month of prep and a weeks worth of work.

IDFG better figure this out, and put a stop to it, or this is how it will go ...

philcox

WKR
Multiple devices apparently are a thing too
for online position.
An easy technical solution to this as well. You tie a "cookie" to a login. They would have to redo the way their site works, as now you get there, and login once in the "store". They could just as easy have you login (tie the cookie to the login session), and then if you login on another device, you get the same spot in line. It's called non-concurrent sessions, but like I said, the software vendor would have to redesign the application flow for it to work.

ez_willie

Lil-Rokslider
You joke, but THIS is what is going to happen. I thought the same things. There are so many hunters with apparently unlimited cash. I will "guarantee them their tag". Charge them $1K, get to Idaho a week early and camp out. Be #1 in line, and buy my 500 tags. Not a bad living $500K income for a month of prep and a weeks worth of work.

IDFG better figure this out, and put a stop to it, or this is how it will go ...
Uhh been doing this a couple years now, except now even with a guy #1 in line they weren’t able to get what we wanted before selling out…gatta stay ahead of the curve!

Attachments

• IMG_8134.png
    IMG_8134.png
    219.4 KB · Views: 132

philcox

WKR
Uhh been doing this a couple years now, except now even with a guy #1 in line they weren’t able to get what we wanted before selling out…gatta stay ahead of the curve!
Yep, "Day late, dollar short" ... IDFG should just raise the non-resident tag prices to $15K ($20K?) and see what happens. I wouldn't even think of going there, but there is likely a $ limit that would cause this nonsense to stop, and still fill the IDFG coffers.

Yeah you can use multiple devices and browsers.

I had 5 sessions open. On my laptop connected to wifi, I had my standard browser open and a private browser open. Opened two sessions on my phone doing the same thing. Then used my wife's phone.

Ended up with 5 numbers ranging from 1390 to 7000. Just closed all sessions except 1390. 45 mins to get in and all good elk tags were gone.

87TT

WKR
IDFG is a marketing genius! Make it tough to get in and everyone will think it is something special just to get a tag, any tag. Demand through the roof! Huntin hasn’t suddenly gotten any better or easier but now instead of everyone’s “backup” plan we are now the “in” place to go and the coveted tag. And totally stopped bitching about the price increase!
Genius pure genius.

sasquatch

WKR
IDFG is a marketing genius! Make it tough to get in and everyone will think it is something special just to get a tag, any tag. Demand through the roof! Huntin hasn’t suddenly gotten any better or easier but now instead of everyone’s “backup” plan we are now the “in” place to go and the coveted tag. And totally stopped bitching about the price increase!
Genius pure genius.

I have to say, when they was reporting this “new system” would take place a few years back, the very next year demand was wayyyy above normal

They created the fear then sold it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LuvsFixedBlades

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone else have the system glitch in them. 1 was #40,493 in line at 10. I logged back on at 1 and there were some deer and elk tags available. Just my luck not expecting to get a tag i had no idea what units i wanted.

I noticed a glitch when i viewed the deer tags, left and went to the elk tags and then back to the deer tags it would show an available deer tag for nearly every unit except 21A. I then went back to the (previously sold out) elk and all except Diamond creek showed 1 tag available. Not knowing what to get and having minimal boots on the ground I got a southern hills a tag. I was able to checkout and I got an email confirming the tag. Several hours later I went on and thru that same process the deer tags still popped up. I even added a unit 36 tag to my cart but when i removed it to look at the other options it showed the deer tags no longer as an option but i coulda bought it when i had it in my cart.

Anyone else have the same experience with it glitching? Now I have an archery tag for units 55,56, and 57 and have no idea if its good or not.

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk
You struck gold is what that means.

Congrats.

sasquatch

WKR
Likely it is people holding tags in their cart, waiting to see if a friend can get in or not and then just logging off not buying it in the end

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Anyone else have the system glitch in them. 1 was #40,493 in line at 10. I logged back on at 1 and there were some deer and elk tags available. Just my luck not expecting to get a tag i had no idea what units i wanted.

I noticed a glitch when i viewed the deer tags, left and went to the elk tags and then back to the deer tags it would show an available deer tag for nearly every unit except 21A. I then went back to the (previously sold out) elk and all except Diamond creek showed 1 tag available. Not knowing what to get and having minimal boots on the ground I got a southern hills a tag. I was able to checkout and I got an email confirming the tag. Several hours later I went on and thru that same process the deer tags still popped up. I even added a unit 36 tag to my cart but when i removed it to look at the other options it showed the deer tags no longer as an option but i coulda bought it when i had it in my cart.

Anyone else have the same experience with it glitching? Now I have an archery tag for units 55,56, and 57 and have no idea if its good or not.

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk
You can message me about that zone if you’d like