Idaho draw

Behlftball

Lil-Rokslider
I had number 1599 and most units were sold out by the time it got to me. I did get a Elk City B tag and a whitetail tag for 14. Insanity, 3 years ago I got a Salmon B tag at 5000 in line. I can't believe you can buy for multiple people in person. What a general waste of time and money this system is. Just go to a draw at this point.

BuckSmasher

Lil-Rokslider
Spending a $1000 to travel to buy a general tag in Idaho? What am I missing here? Dudes really traveled all the way there to buy a general elk tag? I feel like the amount of shit I shake my head at these days in the hunting community has me numb to how stupid it all really is…
Yeah I am confused also. Idaho general isn't as good as WY general and with the "Special" Elk tag costing nearly 2k this year I bet everyone that puts in for a general WY tag in the 'special' pool will get one.

philcox

WKR
Spending a $1000 to travel to buy a general tag in Idaho? What am I missing here? Dudes really traveled all the way there to buy a general elk tag? I feel like the amount of shit I shake my head at these days in the hunting community has me numb to how stupid it all really is…
That is not much if you have 8-12 buddies who pitch in and fund it. Just need to get there 5 days early and camp out.

Marble

WKR
Last year I was told (not by a great source apparently) that you had to buy your own tag and that the same waiting process applied to the physical line.

I have lots of family in Idaho. I could just have them do it for me.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

IdahoBeav

WKR
Last year I was told (not by a great source apparently) that you had to buy your own tag and that the same waiting process applied to the physical line.

I have lots of family in Idaho. I could just have them do it for me.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
That very well may have been the rule at a particular vendor, but that would be separate from IDFG rules.

LuvsFixedBlades

Lil-Rokslider
yeah i have a very low number and all these zones with 1000+ tags are gone. Has to be physical tag buyers. I hate this process. I dont hate it becasue im losing, i hate it because i dont understand how im losing.
I'm going to pile on to this one....I had a decent number in line and watched the "real time" number of people in line in front of me decrease dramatically, then shoot right back up hundreds and hundreds of people. It ping ponged back and forth the whole time I waited and watched.

I watched zone after zone sell out with cumulative tag numbers greatly exceeding what my alleged position in line was. Basically, all of the NR elk tags sold out before I had a chance to buy one, but my number was in the lower 25th percentile of the amount of elk tag allocations available to NR's.

Like the member quoted above said, I have no idea how I lost. How did I not get the opportunity to buy a tag when I was so low in the line?

Trencher

FNG
i was a tad unprepared I drew number 71 in the queue, I thought I had diamond creek in the bag-not so was gone, so I went for a pioneer a as b was gone there also. It goes fast real fast, I hope I didn’t leave meat on the bone so to say. I’ll try to tag up in the controlled app. Looking forward to getting the horses out there and going In deep and seeing what I can turn up. Fingers crossed but I will have fun as always.

maybe I'm one of the few that didnt go into this looking for an elk tag. this was my first go round and both me and my buddy got the tags we wanted. his number was 2200ish and mine was 6k ish. hopefully we can find some mulies. hard to disagree with all the things that have been said but maybe ID will get more and more of it figured out each year.

87TT

WKR
I believe a minimum of 50% of the tags are reserved for vendors and not available online.

i was a tad unprepared I drew number 71 in the queue, I thought I had diamond creek in the bag-not so was gone, so I went for a pioneer a as b was gone there also. It goes fast real fast, I hope I didn’t leave meat on the bone so to say. I’ll try to tag up in the controlled app. Looking forward to getting the horses out there and going In deep and seeing what I can turn up. Fingers crossed but I will have fun as always.
Absolutely insane that you were 71 and 1800 diamond creek tags were already gone by the time you were up to bat

Trencher

FNG
There were only 10 pioneer a tags when I went in, B tags were gone, that just don’t seem right. ?

IdahoElk

WKR
Buddy was in line (physically) at 4:30 this morning and was shut out. He said people in line were buying dozens of tags for others. A woman just ahead of him bought 20. That ain't right.
I would hope for each unique individual you're in line to get a tag for they would make you go to the back of the line and start the process over again, what you described is plain wrong.

Anyone else have the system glitch in them. 1 was #40,493 in line at 10. I logged back on at 1 and there were some deer and elk tags available. Just my luck not expecting to get a tag i had no idea what units i wanted.

I noticed a glitch when i viewed the deer tags, left and went to the elk tags and then back to the deer tags it would show an available deer tag for nearly every unit except 21A. I then went back to the (previously sold out) elk and all except Diamond creek showed 1 tag available. Not knowing what to get and having minimal boots on the ground I got a southern hills a tag. I was able to checkout and I got an email confirming the tag. Several hours later I went on and thru that same process the deer tags still popped up. I even added a unit 36 tag to my cart but when i removed it to look at the other options it showed the deer tags no longer as an option but i coulda bought it when i had it in my cart.

Anyone else have the same experience with it glitching? Now I have an archery tag for units 55,56, and 57 and have no idea if its good or not.

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk