Idaho Draw Results

I am in for the draw and have a few buddies and family who I would go with and direct (not guide). My luck and their luck is terrible and defying all probabilities in recent years.

Last edited:
Struck out again. That's 9 years running in Idaho. OTC again. Still looking forward to it anyways. This will be the first year that both my sons will be able to hunt out of state with me.

Got them Friday evening. Didn't draw plus etc elk tags gone. Utah is my backup plan. Drew a general deer tag there.

Drew unlimited pronghorn. Nothing for elk or deer. Wife drew a doe tag. And had three buddies draw nothing.

mitchellmountain

Lil-Rokslider
I should clarify, son and I didn’t draw elk, already bought our OTC deer tags. Elk would have been a bonus, minus the fact he is 14 and I would have been packing most of it out by myself, so you could say I wasn’t totally disappointed and maybe just a little relieved 😌 😅

macabra11

FNG
Once again I did not draw for cow elk. I did draw for controlled antlerless deer in 45 for the second year in a row (after a 6 year goose egg), but unfortunately that hunt is during the exact same time as general bull elk. I would rather give elk a shot, but not sure if I should go ahead and purchase my deer tag or let it go. I can't be in two places at once!

I will attempt to see if there is a second draw in August for cow elk, but I doubt I'd draw one. If it wasn't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all!