Idaho declines to give Colorado Wolves.

OP
Customweld
Apex predators are the liberal dream until they end up in the suburbs. I am afraid wildlife populations will be desimated before corrective action for predator management becomes part of the mainstream discussion.
You are delusional if you think human management of them will ever happen. It took blood red Idaho 15 years to establish a season on them.

TEF73

FNG
You are delusional if you think human management of them will ever happen. It took blood red Idaho 15 years to establish a season on them.
Pretty sure human management of wolves is referred to as hunting. That is taking place in Idaho... It took 15-20 years to happen.

Chris B

Lil-Rokslider
If they are going to put them anywhere in Colorado they should have planned to put them in Rocky Mountain National park.
It is my understanding that was one of the original proposed release sites . They won't stay there very long .

It is my understanding that was one of the original proposed release sites . They won't stay there very long .
No they wouldn’t - I may not be up on the current plan but when I had looked at it awhile back it wasn’t one of the planned locations though. Unfortunately my primary hunting unit is :( !!

Hnthrdr

WKR
Can’t release in the park without the big fed study and they didn’t want that

taskswap

WKR
That isn't going to take place in Colorado.
Anybody want to take bets? My money is it happens... Just not legally with a tag... It'll start with ranchers protecting their livestock. Then it'll be hunters protecting their kills (and themselves). Everyone says wolves stay away from people generally, but so do bears, and there's a bear "incident" almost every week on the front range.

It's trouble no matter how it goes. Lots of years of trouble.

i will say this, I never supported this plan but in defense of the animals themselves, they sure are amazing creatures. I went to the Colorado Wolf Experience a few years back and they are definitely amazing to see. I'm not saying I want them extinct. Just that every time we mess with nature like this something goes wrong, and it's always 20 years later when they say "whoops." It's a shame.

tpm231030

FNG
I don't recall where I heard it, but I though British Columbia was providing the wolves. Thought it was mentioned on a podcast so who knows.

The Guide

WKR
If you have enough beer in small town bars near where wolves have taken up residence, you will eventually hear an old timer talk about how he wishes he would have gone into Yellowstone that first winter and killed every wolf in that cage before they released them. Nobody who has dealt with them closely wants them in the lower 48.

Jay