Idaho declines to give Colorado Wolves.

Ignorance can be corrected, stupidity can't. Wyoming and Idaho are aware of the mistakes they made and the initial ignorance regarding wolves and thankfully are trying their best to prevent the same stupid mistake from occurring in Colorado. It's like trying to teaching a kid not to touch a flame.

Wrench

WKR
What you really want is Washington's cougars combined with no hazing or hounds to hunt them. Wolves are bad, unchecked cougars are worse.

I live in rural Washington and 20 years ago you HAD to have a deer masher bumper if you drove at night. I haven't seen a deer in 2 years now.....but we have cats and wolves.

Blandry

WKR
All the western states have denied the CO liberals their wolves. Not sure where they're going to get them now, maybe canada

This kills me… the fact we are actively looking for more when we have a pack established in the state is ridiculous

That's how they did it in the 1990's reintro to the NRE. Same procedure is being applied in this case, as well.

I'm guessing AK is low on the list for shipping reasons. And I doubt Dunleavy would acquiesce.

I highly doubt that transport costs would be dissuasive. In fact, they might actually get it for free. And hard to say about Mike. He's a strong advocate for Alaskan residents, as opposed to playing political games. I'd be willing to bet he'd provide a couple dozen or so, if asked.