Idaho 27-2 Sheep Tag

OP
Mountain Built
Jason,
Gald to hear you had success! I just missed crossing paths with one on the last day of my first trip. Some hikers had one walk through their camp an hour before we got their but I couldn't turn it up again. Then i'm back in town for 4 days and my buddy calls to help him pack out an elk so after I get off work I toss in my boots and pack and head up to the mountain to try and beat the sun going down. Of course I didn't throw in my bow and i drove up on a real nice 6 point that was playing with his ladies right off the road. Hopefully my luck changes! I'll be headed back solo in October so hopefully I can manifest one for myself! you've got one tough wife if she spent that many days behind the glass with you on the mountain!
Aw man! Yeah, I hope your luck changes! It seems like everything just has to go right to cross paths with one up there.
I’m thankful you get to go back again. Do you live here in Idaho at least? I have a feeling you’ll cross paths with one :)
And thank you! She is ridiculously tough and I couldn’t have done it without her! It was pretty special to have that experience together.

xwiscony

FNG
Aw man! Yeah, I hope your luck changes! It seems like everything just has to go right to cross paths with one up there.
I’m thankful you get to go back again. Do you live here in Idaho at least? I have a feeling you’ll cross paths with one :)
And thank you! She is ridiculously tough and I couldn’t have done it without her! It was pretty special to have that experience together.
Ya it is a bit of a drive but not terrible at all if you don't count that 3 hour section to get to the bighorn crags trail. i'm in Rathdrum. I'll probably try crossing the salmon and accessing it that way since i'll be solo for the second trip.

OP
Mountain Built
Ya it is a bit of a drive but not terrible at all if you don't count that 3 hour section to get to the bighorn crags trail. i'm in Rathdrum. I'll probably try crossing the salmon and accessing it that way since i'll be solo for the second trip
Ya it is a bit of a drive but not terrible at all if you don't count that 3 hour section to get to the bighorn crags trail. i'm in Rathdrum. I'll probably try crossing the salmon and accessing it that way since i'll be solo for the second trip.
Oh nice! We thought about that route in also, but I’m kind of chicken about the river. Lol
I’m guessing you’ve seen the YouTube video by Austin Atkinson called “My Rocky”
That country looks pretty sweet on google, but we never made it that far toward the main Salmon.
We’re trying to get caught up on taxidermy work, but we live in challis and if you find yourself needing help, give me a call. I may be able to sneak away to help with a pack out or something like that. (541)863-0983

OP
Mountain Built
That's awesome man! My wife was with me for my dall and my stone. Hoping one day to get a bighorn tag and bring her along as well! We are lucky men!!
That's so awesome! And I totally agree... having those experiences is super special, but sharing them with your spouse is such a huge added blessing!
Here's hoping you draw a bighorn tag soon! :)

xwiscony

FNG
Oh nice! We thought about that route in also, but I’m kind of chicken about the river. Lol
I’m guessing you’ve seen the YouTube video by Austin Atkinson called “My Rocky”
That country looks pretty sweet on google, but we never made it that far toward the main Salmon.
We’re trying to get caught up on taxidermy work, but we live in challis and if you find yourself needing help, give me a call. I may be able to sneak away to help with a pack out or something like that. (541)863-0983
I took a detour on the way home to just lay eyes on it. I did see the video and it is rough country! I'll shoot you a text shortly and I appreciate it. Thanks for sharing a few pictures The Ram is worth its weight in gold!