I see what you guys are saying

Jmort1754

WKR
We are out of staters of course however I see what you were saying about people setting up in the elk travel/bedding area.

One guy right in a drainage on a pretty foot accessible let alone vehicle accessible piece of BLM. Sets his camp where there was elk yesterday morning and is running his generator all
Night.
I get it's public land but is common sense gone ?

To be fair? It doesn’t sound like the best piece of elk country. Access is too easy. Assuming he did not know the elk were there yesterday what would make the spot look special? You have to camp somewhere. Often times you have to make a sacrifice as far as the elk go. It wouldn’t bother me if it was easily accessible. I’m walking right past that stuff anyway. Those elk would never last long in that spot to begin with.

OP
J

Jmort1754

WKR
To be fair? It doesn’t sound like the best piece of elk country. Access is too easy. Assuming he did not know the elk were there yesterday what would make the spot look special? You have to camp somewhere. Often times you have to make a sacrifice as far as the elk go. It wouldn’t bother me if it was easily accessible. I’m walking right past that stuff anyway. Those elk would never last long in that spot to begin with.
Well yesterday there was 60 some there, the day before 60 some there, same as the day before.

Easy access doesn't mean not elk country in my experience.

However the guy knew there was elk there as we watched the with him 3 days ago.

However it is public land and I get it. Just makes you wonder.

Well yesterday there was 60 some there, the day before 60 some there, same as the day before.

That’s different! He’s an idiot.

TaperPin

WKR

If you saw him, he probably saw you - a lot of guys will camp like that to stake their claim. Others simply like to camp in a certain spot regardless of what animals are around.

If it’s a good hunter he knows where the elk will move to. I can think of one BLM area where we’ve camped and would bump any elk that often use that area, but they move in a predictable way.

Beendare

WKR
We are out of staters of course however I see what you were saying about people setting up in the elk travel/bedding area.

One guy right in a drainage on a pretty foot accessible let alone vehicle accessible piece of BLM. Sets his camp where there was elk yesterday morning and is running his generator all
Night.
I get it's public land but is common sense gone ?
Man I hate those generators.....

11boo

WKR
Common sense is no longer common. Figure out where the elk went and don’t tell anyone.
Should be easy to track a large herd, good luck.

3forks

WKR
Common sense is no longer common. Figure out where the elk went and don’t tell anyone.
Should be easy to track a large herd, good luck.
I agree about your common sense comment, as well as tracking the herd.

But I’m guessing it’s probably going to be a short track to where the OP finds the herd jumped a fence on to private ground.

wytx

WKR
I'm betting the elk are still around, they get used to sounds like generators from campers.
We had a bull bugling within 150 yds of camp last year and we had a radio for music at night and when at camp during the day.