I need some help

WesternMDShooter

Lil-Rokslider
Long story short, My dad an avid hunter had a life changing event and is not able to do what he traditionally has over the course of his hunting career. I am looking for some mobile style hunting for him to do on the ground, we hunt public land 98% of the time so weight and be able to carry is a big factor. A climber or saddle is a no go.

There used to be a hammock seat made by dead ringer hunting . I have used one of those to ground hunt for the better part of ten years . I did a quick search and I don’t see that company is making them anymore . If you look around though there are other companies making something similar .

The seat is easy to pack and lightweight . The material can be a little noisy opening it initially in the cold but that can be mitigated depending on how you packed it away the last time . Once it is set up it is not noisy at all .

I am a smaller guy (5’6” 170) and I fit inside it pretty well , and have done lots of all day sits in it . A bigger guy might not be as comfortable all day in it , but I have some buddies that use it as well without complaint .

Check it out - I think you would be hard pressed to find many better options .

Yoder

WKR
Can he climb sticks? My dad had both knees replaced and gained a lot of weight. He does pretty good with climbing sticks. We use the 30 in sticks so the steps are every 15 in.

2muchhp

WKR
My dad(79yrs) built a blind on a small trailer. Pulls it to State land with his vehicle. Jams it back in the woods and hunts like a wild man.

Gen273

WKR
The hammock seat was initially made by fanatic outdoors. They sold it to dead ringer. Now they have an even better version called the lowdown hunting seat. It's much better than the original, and I used it for years, but I have now gone to the lowdown and love it. Just search for lowdown hunting seat.

Rich M

WKR
Find a good seat. We use walmart bag chairs with neoprene cushion in cold temps.

And/or a ladder stand. Dad’s 82.

I have heard of people taking large blinds and setting them up to where you can drive an atv underneath and close it off. Then its a short ladder climb to sit in the blind. Not 100% mobile, but may be worth it if you have any public land you feel is isolated enough to set this up.