I lost my dog today.....

OllieOtis

FNG
This just made my day, as it broke my heart reading this last night and I’ve been thinking about it since. So happy for you and your family!

I was so sad I had to quit reading this thread. Now I’m 😃. I really was feeling your pain. I have a deaf border collie who i love so much. He was born deaf so he had to learn to keep an eye on me when we’re out in the weeds. Lost him a couple times but the longest only for about an hour. I was literally almost sick with worry. And such a flood of relief when we found each other. I am so glad for both of you.

So sorry for your loss....I'm thankful you were able to bring her home for her final days with the ones she loves. From what I've read she couldn't of asked for better owners.

Anozira

WKR
I was waiting for that. It happens a lot with the Iron Will give contests where they read the first page and skip to the last to comment without reading between the lines.

Wench, I'm sorry you lost your friend, especially after fighting so hard to find her. If it's any condolence I think it was probably much better that she went in your company than in an unfamiliar place, lost and alone. If she is anything like my pup i'm sure you have had countless memories with her. I hope you find peace quickly with time.

OP
W

Wrench

WKR
Thanks all. We had at least 12 fantastic upland seasons together. She brought me a dead coyote. She killed a skunk that wouldn't go away. She's been more epic places in the NW than most groups of grown men. In almost 15 years had a few stitches from a nasty brawl and beyond that was the most maintenance free animal you could ask for.

Drahthaars are notoriously tough and she was certainly that, but had no mean streak whatsoever.

I will never forget those days. She was the first dog to bring me a limit of chukar.

I feel fortunate that version 2.0 had 7 months to get guidance from her. With any luck this one will be similar.

JasonWi

WKR
@ Wrench

I'm truly sorry for your loss! As others have expressed it was a blessing she could be with you when it was her time. I've been there for a number of my own dogs in their final moments and it never gets any easier.

Hopefully version 2.0 can bring you just as much joy for years to come

Azone

WKR
Sorry to hear this, having a dog pass is terrible.
I had a yellow lab that I would give my left nut for if I could kill one more limit of quail with him.

Oh man, so sorry to hear that but echo the other posts as it was good she was with her loved ones.

My old draht is 13 and headed down the same slope. Still has a lot of drive and heart as I’m sure Cali had.

My condolences wrench.