I Like my Crispis, but I want a wider toe box

DanimalW

WKR
Usually it's the toe box that kills a boot (or shoe) for me- my feet aren't wide, but need a good toe box- the Thor has worked for me in that regard. The midfoot and heel fit precisely, but still have wiggle room for my toes.

I wore a few different Altra's in years past- foot box was nice, but the 0 drop was not for me. LaSportiva Akasha's are what's working for me in a trail runner— I'm thinking at least a dozen pairs (usually use up 2-3 pairs/year).
I should try a Thor in wide to see if that helps. I have a pair of Thors in regular width that I've worn just hiking trails in the winter. They're ALMOST good for me, but I run into problems on longer trips, probably once my feet start to swell some. I'm not trying to bash Crispi by any means. On the contrary, I'm jealous that several of their boots just seem to be beyond the cusp of working for me.

Lathrop and Sons has a super wide boot. I believe it’s a 4E. I have a pair of 11.5 I’m selling if interested. I need a 12.

ElGuapo

Lil-Rokslider
Crispi Summit in wide should work. Colorado is very similar in appearance and fit but stiffer if I remember correctly
I have the Summit, and the Nevada, both in EE. The summit is smaller all around, including the Toe box. It’s not for my Sasquatch feet I guess

gostovp

WKR
I have the Summit 1.0 in 11.5D, it’s about the same width as the Hanwag Alaska 11.5W, so it also runs my pinky toe a bit. The Nevadas I have tried on do have a generous toe box, I would say in D width they are D in the instep and arch area but are pushing to a W in the toebox.

Lowa Tibets in Wide also have a pretty generous toe box.

I have the Crispi Kenai's in Wide, and the toe box feels good to me. I still wish the last was more anatomically foot-shaped, but oh well.

Basically all my other footwear is minimalist/zero-drop/etc., so the Crispis feel like walking around with cinder blocks on my feet, but beyond that they feel good.

I agree that a company that does a legit heavy-duty boot, with a zero-drop (or minimal drop) anatomically shaped footbed and toe box, would have a winner. Might be more of a niche market, but it's absolutely growing in popularity. A lot of those companies are just old-fashioned though, and will be slow to come around to any newfangled nonsense like, "making footwear that actually is shaped like a foot."

My crispi valdres in wide are the widest toe box ive ever seen in a shoe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DanimalW

WKR
I have the Crispi Kenai's in Wide, and the toe box feels good to me. I still wish the last was more anatomically foot-shaped, but oh well.

Basically all my other footwear is minimalist/zero-drop/etc., so the Crispis feel like walking around with cinder blocks on my feet, but beyond that they feel good.

I agree that a company that does a legit heavy-duty boot, with a zero-drop (or minimal drop) anatomically shaped footbed and toe box, would have a winner. Might be more of a niche market, but it's absolutely growing in popularity. A lot of those companies are just old-fashioned though, and will be slow to come around to any newfangled nonsense like, "making footwear that actually is shaped like a foot."
No doubt the boots they make already work for the vast majority, but I don’t think I’d go as far as calling an anatomical fit a niche. The Lone Peak has been the number one hiking shoe basically since its inception.

JimGa

Lil-Rokslider
The Thor wide is very good for my feet and Mendle is also a wide boot.

Radford

FNG
The Crispi dorks on this forum will say no you just need to buy another pair of Crispis. I fell for it too and bought a pair of the guides. I hate them. Now I wear Jim green razorbacks if it’s dry and either danner recurves or the keen Durand if it’s gonna be wet.

gostovp

WKR
Crispi does make some good boots, but they are probably even better at branding and marketing. They saw the expanding market and put a good plan in place on how to tap into it. If they were completely over priced junk they would be destroyed on forums like this. Granted their product catalog is pretty big and not all of their offerings are home runs, but for the most part if a person’s foot fits into one of their more mature products ( such as the Nevada, Guide, Thor, Etc) you will have a good boot.