I Found the Average Rokslide Elk Hunter

grfox92

WKR
I had to skip around. But at the end, from how I understand it. The main guy was drawn back on a bull, and his overweight friend drew back and shot the bull in the guts at 20 yards before main guy could get a shot off.

Not sure what kind of friend that is, but if it was me, he would be walking back to Florida.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

huntnful

WKR
I really hate shitting on someone that's just out there trying, but that was really, really tough to watch. I'm pretty sure I was exactly the same on my first archery elk hunt, I just had the wherewithal not to record myself... thank god lol.

I had to skip around. But at the end, from how I understand it. The main guy was drawn back on a bull, and his overweight friend drew back and shot the bull in the guts at 20 yards before main guy could get a shot off.

Not sure what kind of friend that is, but if it was me, he would be walking back to Florida.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk
I haven’t been able to watch the video end to end but the other guy just kind of shows up in the video. It isn’t clear to me they were actually hunting together, kind of strange. Could have been, I haven’t watched that close…

gostovp

WKR
I haven’t been able to watch the video end to end but the other guy just kind of shows up in the video. It isn’t clear to me they were actually hunting together, kind of strange. Could have been, I haven’t watched that close…
Yeah the guy at the end is just there and is nowhere else in the video…it’s so weird !

Elkhntr08

WKR
What’s up with the 14’ pole racking, guess I’ve been doing it wrong.
Anyone else notice that the buddy changed camo? At the shot he was wearing woodland and at the recovery he was sporting subalpine.
Sure glad I skipped though it.

Nine Banger

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
The other guy is the passing motorist he mentioned that noticed the content producer's Sitka. The passerby then thought to himself, "this must be a great spot" and hopped out and shot that BOAL from the road.

So like others on here, I was torn between it being a satirical troll or real. I laughed out loud several times, especially at the 10'+ raking pole. Like any good YouTube investigator would do, I dove deeper into his channel. Oh boy. It took him 20 days to kill a Wyoming Black Hills gobbler. I lol'd several times during that video. From him getting so excited at finally hearing a gobbler. To busting one off the roost. To someone beating him back there the next morning. Him still driving his truck with both hands on camcorder instead of steering wheel trying to get some hot footage of a merriam's hen. Hilarious! I admire his optimism! I then skipped through a couple more elk videos. And the realization hit. This fellow is real. I normally have standard practice of "thumbs downing" almost every hunting video I watch on YouTube. But not this guy. I'm giving them all a thumbs up. I enjoy watching him spend all this time and money and rarely ending up successful.

P Carter

WKR
This guy has to be trolling. The French toast? Elaborate making of French toast, in the daylight, as the opening scene to an elk hunting video? Lapping up the drips of pure maple syrup? C’mon. A+ troll. Slightly more subtle Hank Peterson.

gostovp

WKR
Man, that Sitka harness looks like one of those pregnancy simulation devices they made the girls wear in middle school health class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’ve tried it on and you’re not far off..The Sitka harness is pretty crappy compared to the other big harness manufacturers