Hydromedary vs Dromelite w/Hydration Kit?

OP
Brandon Pattison
I forgot to mention, I shall use my Hiker Pro filter to reverse fill this and would like to have a removable, Camelbak style bite valve. I don't want to buy extra crap in the beginning that I do not need.

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I use a 4L Dromelite for water storage and a back up bladder only and use 3L Platypus for drinking out of. I have had leaking issues with MSR hydration kit in the past.

cmeier117

WKR
I have the heavier black 10L for water storage and you DO NOT NEED THAT for a bladder. Go with the drom lite. The heavier one has 1000D cordura on the outside and you could drag it behind your truck going down the freeway and not get a hole in that thing.

OP
Brandon Pattison
I have the heavier black 10L for water storage and you DO NOT NEED THAT for a bladder. Go with the drom lite. The heavier one has 1000D cordura on the outside and you could drag it behind your truck going down the freeway and not get a hole in that thing.

I was going to get the 4L Dromelite for hydration and the 6L Dromedary for my pack for rough-use, etc. Does that sound about right?

slim9300

WKR
I was going to get the 4L Dromelite for hydration and the 6L Dromedary for my pack for rough-use, etc. Does that sound about right?

I would just stick with both in DromLite. I have had my 10L (its been discontinued) for quite a long time and it's never leaked. Seems way tougher than my Camelbac. I will be buying a 4L DromLite soon along with a hydration conversion from MSR. I don't like the looks of the one that comes as a kit.

My partner has the 10L Dromedary bag (black one) and its overkill in my opinion. Plus, it's heavier by a few ounces.