Hybrid 100V and 6.5 Creed

nobody

WKR
Lots of Hybrid 100V available locally, and for very cheap (compared to everything else) H4350 has been harder to come by in general around here and that’s my go to.

Anybody using the 100V with luck in the 6.5 Creed? I’ll be pushing 140 ELDM’s and SST’s.

I have not used it in a 6.5 but it works very well in my 22 creed with 88 eldm. Planning to try it in my 6.5 but have not worked up a load with it yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Venatic

FNG
No reason it won’t work very well as it’s in that optimum burn range for Creedmoor with 140’s

OP
N

nobody

WKR
Thanks guys. I lucked into some h4350 today so I’m good for a minute, but I’ll probably still pick some up to try

vonb

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve tried H100V in a .243 with heavy bullets and never could get the accuracy that I could with H4350. It also left discoloration on my brass that wouldn’t tumble off. Not a fan of H100V.

Harvey_NW

WKR
Classified Approved
I have a bunch of it that I've yet to test, but I did some research and concluded it's pretty volatile, produces good velocities but obviously that's in relation to pressure. And seems pretty temp sensitive. That sucks you're having issues finding H4350, my local supplier has probably thirty 1#'ers and even two 8# kegs sitting on the shelf yesterday. If you get in desperate need message me, I think I can find a way to ship it through my LGS or possibly my company.

OP
N

nobody

WKR
I have a bunch of it that I've yet to test, but I did some research and concluded it's pretty volatile, produces good velocities but obviously that's in relation to pressure. And seems pretty temp sensitive. That sucks you're having issues finding H4350, my local supplier has probably thirty 1#'ers and even two 8# kegs sitting on the shelf yesterday. If you get in desperate need message me, I think I can find a way to ship it through my LGS or possibly my company.
Yeah that's what I'm seeing is the volatility. I'm also seeing, in reading on other forums, that for accuracy and consistency guys are one of two extreme ends of the spectrum: either they can't beat the Hybrid 100V performance, or it's the worst performer they've found. Very little middle ground.

I shouldn't say I'm having a hard time finding it, I just never can find an 8 pounder EVER, and every local shop limits you to two pounds at a time maximum. My wife did sweet talk the gun counter cowboys on Saturday and talk them into selling her three (all that was left) pounds of H4350 that was all the same lot, so that bought me a little time. So I can find it, but I never feel like I really get stocked up because of how everybody does business around here.

Hybrid 100V is just sooooooooo plentiful and sooooooooooo cheap around here (like $20 less per pound than H4350). Plus, it's what we are using in my brothers' 270's. I load for them (on their dime), so if I could just simplify things and run one powder for everything, that I can always get, and for a good price, I'm open to it. But not at the expense of performance and ease of use.

Harvey_NW

WKR
Classified Approved
Yeah that's what I'm seeing is the volatility. I'm also seeing, in reading on other forums, that for accuracy and consistency guys are one of two extreme ends of the spectrum: either they can't beat the Hybrid 100V performance, or it's the worst performer they've found. Very little middle ground.
Yeah that too for sure, I actually started a thread about H100V on here so you can reference that if you haven't already. I found the same on other forums though, some guys swear by it. Probably worth testing!

I’m not sure what you guys consider temp unstable, but H100 V is at only .78 deg/fps. It’s also the most accurate powder by far in my 300wsm’s with 180 class bullets. I’ll probably try it in my daughters Creedmoor for the heck of it.

I tried it a few years ago in my 6.5cm with 140gr match burners. Accuracy was good, velocity was right in the cm range. I made the load in the winter and shot it with the temp around 40 degrees if I remember right. Went back out in August with 90+ temps and was getting ejector marks and heavy bolt.

I used what I loaded in the colder months for practice and didn’t have any issues.

BBob

WKR
It has not given best accuracy for me in a 6.5 CM so far. It was acceptable but others worked better. I’ll try it in a 22CM next.