Huskemaw Blue Diamond scope evals?

I've read @Formidilosus Rifle Scope Field Evals on several other rifle optics. I know Huskemaw's scopes are made in the same factory as Nightforce. However, I'm curious if anyone has any experience with or performed field test/evaluations on Huskemaw Blue Diamond rifle scopes? How well do they track, hold zero, etc.? I'm in the market for a new rifle scope to top my new Seekins Precision PH2 6.5 PRC. Thanks.

steiney42

FNG
Classified Approved
We have 2 of them and they seem to hold up very well! I can’t compare them to nightforce since I have never tried one but they seem to track just fine. I love the dual stack turret. I keep an MOA dial below and a custom dial turret up top. To be honest, my only thoughts would be that the night force is a little more durable and possibly slightly better glass. But that is going off what I have read and not personal experience.

OP
tndeerhunter82
We have 2 of them and they seem to hold up very well! I can’t compare them to nightforce since I have never tried one but they seem to track just fine. I love the dual stack turret. I keep an MOA dial below and a custom dial turret up top. To be honest, my only thoughts would be that the night force is a little more durable and possibly slightly better glass. But that is going off what I have read and not personal experience.
Thank you!

NSI

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
In the S2h podcast, the owner of Defensive Edge claims he has seen more Huskemaws fail than any other scopes at his courses. Not sure the model.

If you’re truly curious I’d buy one and drop it, or send it to Ryan for Form to drop.

-J

Journeyman

Lil-Rokslider
How's it going fellas.

My name is Jared Miller, I'm the brand manager for Best of the West and Huskemaw.

I haven't spent enough time with the Blue Diamond series to give you an honest assessment. However I've been running one of our new Stealth Rifles in 6.5 PRC with a 5-20 Tactical Hunter on it most of the year. I've shot a bear with it this spring and shot one NRL Hunter match in North Dakota this year with the same setup. It's given me enough confidence in it's reliability to continue trusting it for hunting season.

I currently have it setup with a double stack turret that has a yardage/ballistic turret on the outside and a mil turret on the inside.

You can do the same thing with a Blue Diamond but again I'm not going to make any claims about a scope I haven't thoroughly tested.

I haven't drop tested them yet but if anyone wants to try a scope hit me up on the PM's and I'll send you a 30% discount code to try one out.

Any other questions let me know and I'll give you my input.

Dennis

WKR
I have two Huskmaw Blue Diamond scopes. One on a Red Rock Precision rifle in 300 RUM and one on a McMillian Signature rifle in 300 Win Mag. I have not had any problems with either holding their zero and both rifles are quite accurate. I would say my Nightforce NXS does seem to have a little better glass, but it also costs more. The other difference is Huskmaw scopes have .33 MOA click adjustments while Nightforce has .25 MOA click adjustments. That doesn’t make much difference at all reasonable shooting distances.

Journeyman

Lil-Rokslider
@Journeyman If you are their brand manager, why not send one to @Ryan Avery for formal testing to see how they hold up?
If @Ryan Avery would be interested, I'd love to meet up with him and we can film us performing the test.

I'll bring one of each model and we can see how they do.

We are also working on a couple new models with complete new designs on the internals and externals of the scopes so if I have prototypes by then I can bring those to test also.

I'm in Bozeman, Best of the West and Huskemaw are in Cody and we can do it at either of those locations or I'm happy to drive to Idaho as well.

If @Ryan Avery would be interested, I'd love to meet up with him and we can film us performing the test.

I'll bring one of each model and we can see how they do.

We are also working on a couple new models with complete new designs on the internals and externals of the scopes so if I have prototypes by then I can bring those to test also.

I'm in Bozeman, Best of the West and Huskemaw are in Cody and we can do it at either of those locations or I'm happy to drive to Idaho as well.
This is what we need more of. Pass or fail, way to step up Jared (y)

medvedyt

WKR
I have two Huskmaw Blue Diamond scopes. One on a Red Rock Precision rifle in 300 RUM and one on a McMillian Signature rifle in 300 Win Mag. I have not had any problems with either holding their zero and both rifles are quite accurate. I would say my Nightforce NXS does seem to have a little better glass, but it also costs more. The other difference is Huskmaw scopes have .33 MOA click adjustments while Nightforce has .25 MOA click adjustments. That doesn’t make much difference at all reasonable shooting distances.
i did test one at the range here in the cold by -25c and it hold well while some other brands did not make. it was not the birghtest scope but it was not either a scratched lens and the 1/3of moa by click was a little annoying at first but it worked up to 550 meters with a 325wsm. i do not know if i want to haul that kind of heavy scope in the mountain still ...

Thank you, @Journeyman , I hope yall are able to make that happen!

Along those lines, any interest in Huskemaw making an affordable, durable, semi lightweight (20-23oz) 2-10/2-12/3-12/3-15 x40 ish range 30 mm tube first focal plane scope with great field/hunting reticle that doesn't require illumination? One of the best out there right now is the Maven RS 1.2 and they can't keep them in stock they're selling so fast. Just a thought...we'd love more options!

Journeyman

Lil-Rokslider
What's up fellas, sorry for the slow reply, I've been swamped the last month between matches, shooting schools and normal work.

I want to respond to a couple comments above. First, we have a new line of scopes in the works, one of which is a sub 20 oz bomber hunting scope. Stay tuned for that.

I had also written Huskemaw off without knowing much about them. Now that I'm on with the company, I have an ownership group behind me that isn't satisfied with good enough. We're going to continue to test and innovate essentially forever, we want to make awesome products. It takes time but I'm extremely excited about the direction we're headed.

Concerning the drop test. I'd still be happy to meet up with Ryan and/or Form to test them but it'll likely have to happen after hunting season at this point as I start chasing antelope next Thursday and I'm guessing we all have hunts lined up pretty solid through November.

I'm not going to make any bold claims about our scopes. We're happy to test and see where we can improve. I've ran most scopes on the market, primarily Nightforce and while I don't believe our current offering is at that level they do work well in a hunting setup. I'm running mine as a mil scope with an external custom yardage turret and an internal mil turret. It works well as a checks and balances setup to make sure you're not off by a mil which happens sometimes when my dyslexia kicks in on a straight mil turret.

Here's a video we just posted showing Zack and I using them at an NRL Hunter match.

Weldor

WKR
Journeyman, school me on the ballistic turret on the outside and a Mil on the inside? Why not just Mil Mil? Also can you get a mil turret cut for the blue diamond Thanks.

Journeyman

Lil-Rokslider
Journeyman, school me on the ballistic turret on the outside and a Mil on the inside? Why not just Mil Mil? Also can you get a mil turret cut for the blue diamond Thanks.

How's it going man. First off yes you can get a mil turret (or MOA) cut for the blue diamond as well. We can do a double stack for those also and we have them in blue and black colorways.

The reason I'm running the ballistic turret on the outside is for quick shot opportunities inside 500 yards. Typically if an animal is beyond 300 yards I'm going to have time to check my solver, which I like to use a kestrel 5700.

The thing to keep in mind about any ballistic turret is it cannot account for all the atmospheric variables (i.e. aerodynamic jump, corealis, angle compensation, etc.) Sometimes variables cancel each other out and everything goes great, other times they stack and things end up not so great.

I personally feel confident in a dialed in turret on an animal out to about 500 yards. Beyond that, or with a lot of wind I'm going to consult my kestrel and dial out the mils.

Sorry for the long winded reply. I'm working on a series of videos to dive into the weeds a little more on how I run and true my Huskemaw turrets.