Hunting with a Bergara HMR

About to pull the trigger on a Wilderness HMR 6.5 PRC for a box blind hunting/long range bench rifle.

I don’t hunt in the mountains. I hunt in Tennessee and the longest I walk is half a mile to my spot.

Anyone hunting with a Bergara in the HMR format?

OP
General RE LEE
I ended buying a Wilderness HMR 6.5 PRC and will top off with a Conquest V6 3-18x50 ZMOA reticle scope.

I’ve got a 7mm STW in Remington Sendero. It’s heavy as well.

Anyone else hunt with HMR?

I've got the standard hmr in 300 prc, hunting with it in CO 2nd season elk and 3rd mule deer. I did order a greyboe stock to lighten it by 1.6 lbs to bring my hunt ready pack to 11.6lbs. So far I enjoy shooting the rifle but haven't carried it in the mountains yet.

I’ve only put about 10 rounds through mine to site in - it was stacking holes immediately and ammo was scarce at the time. So easy to shoot like an expert.

I did order an XLR magnesium chassis for it but haven’t mated it up yet. Should lighten it quite a bit though…

Just added this bergara approach in 25-06 to the fleet. Not an hmr, but has some of the features with a more hunter friendly stock

Attachments

• 8D22341C-AEEB-4E8C-B3EE-2989391EE324.jpeg
    8D22341C-AEEB-4E8C-B3EE-2989391EE324.jpeg
    338.1 KB · Views: 35
I use a bergara HMR wilderness in 300PRC and I’m super happy with it. It’s alittle heavy but isn’t hurting me at all and frankly with the caliber I’m happy to have alittle extra weight to tame recoil. Wouldn’t have it any other after using this rifle.

Solenya

FNG
Depends on your hunting situation. A few hours and lugging into a blind or stand is fine. Carting around for multiple days and changing elevation back and forth and it will be less comfortable but doable.

dsotm

Lil-Rokslider
About to pull the trigger on a Wilderness HMR 6.5 PRC for a box blind hunting/long range bench rifle.

I don’t hunt in the mountains. I hunt in Tennessee and the longest I walk is half a mile to my spot.

Anyone hunting with a Bergara in the HMR format?
For that use I don't see any reason not to. I'd hate to carry something that heavy in the west though.

axeforce6

WKR
Yeah it’s 5 minutes from my house. So if I need to zero a scope or do some load work up I’ll run there. Super easy. I go to strategic edge for distance.

OP
General RE LEE
Yeah it’s 5 minutes from my house. So if I need to zero a scope or do some load work up I’ll run there. Super easy. I go to strategic edge for distance.

I just moved to Cookeville from Franklin. Was in Franklin 17 years. Great place.