Hunting sight

Kainoa D

FNG
I wanted opinions on archery sights. I know everyone has their favorite and reasoning behind it. I'm in the market for a new sight this year and am considering a single pin slider. I have a few hunting buddies who shoot them and love them, but then I have heard from numerous people to stay away from them. What's your guys and gals take?

littlebuf

Banned
ive never shot a single pin,dont know if i could get used to it.i love my hoggit to much to try one i think

OR Archer

WKR
why not a multi pin slider? Im running a 5 pin Spot Hogg Tommy Hogg. Love it. I can shoot it just like a regular fixed pin sight or dial it in to the exact yardage if need be.

I am with OR on the multiple pin slider. I LOVE SPOT HOGG as a company GREAT strong and dependable sights but their movables IMO are just to heavy. I like my CBEs. Smooth to adjust, fast, lighter sights, I have nothing bad to say about them!!!

J-Daddy

WKR
I like a single pin slider for 3-D...I'm more accurate with only 1 pin to focus on. But they ain't for everybody when it comes to hunting and honestly the best hunting sight around is a multi pin slider I think. Check out the Black Gold Ascent, I've been shooting them since they came out, I'm on Black Gold's Staff & I'm a dealer for them...They build really great sights.

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
I too would reccomended the MBG Ascent, it is a great sight and their service is TOP NOTCH. I personally shoot a 3 pin Ascent slider and love it, like stated above it's the best of both worlds IMO... In a perfect world you would have time to rang, dial, get settled in and shoot... But if you got to be quick I think that's where the muti-pin slider has the edge since you possibly wouldn't have to dial away from your zero point...

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
Multi pin slider for me this year from CBE. TEK-Hybrid will be on my bow for this season. Check it out!

J-Daddy

WKR
I too would reccomended the MBG Ascent, it is a great sight and their service is TOP NOTCH. I personally shoot a 3 pin Ascent slider and love it, like stated above it's the best of both worlds IMO... In a perfect world you would have time to rang, dial, get settled in and shoot... But if you got to be quick I think that's where the muti-pin slider has the edge since you possibly wouldn't have to dial away from your zero point...
Yep, I've been shooting Ascents since they hit the market a few years ago...I've had them in 3 pins, 4 pins, 5 pins, and a couple different single pin versions. Right now I'm shooting the single pin version "Ascent Target with a different brand of scope" but I'll probably switch it over to a 5 pin before fall. They really are great sights, I've sold a ton of them and all my customers have been VERY happy with them.

R

rebecca francis

I use a blackgold surge 7 pin on both my bows and LOVE it!

B

bearguide

i like the idea of a slider, soyou can extend your range out further