Hunting Quiver

Thinking about trying something other than a bow quiver. Any suggestions that would work with a pack and in a treestand? Thanks!

Asbell quiver works good and it’s lightweight. Omnivore quiver functions well too attaches to your belt then I just hang it up when I’m up in a stand. Cat quiver would work too.

I’ve gotten away from all those and just use the strap on bow quiver

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldgoat

WKR
Not well I'm my opinion! I've had occasions in both situations you mentioned where I couldn't get a second shot off without a great deal more movement versus a bow quiver!

PatrickW

FNG

thejones

WKR
Here is the Safari tuff link

Aklongbow

FNG
I have a Safri Tough and it works well if you spend some time figuring out how to make it work well with a pack . The way I have mine set up goes on/off very quickly and I can also hang my bow on it for hands free hiking while using sissy sticks lol .
But I go back and forth on which quivers..... it's hard to deny the ease of a bow mount quiver ! I can't decide which I like best . I really like the safri tough ...... I start feeling like a pack mule on a back country hunt ha!ha!

Kdf22

Lil-Rokslider
Try a strap on Great Northern bow quiver. Super lite and goes on easy will last forever. For walking around and stump shooting I love my Howard Hill back quiver, but for deer hunting the GN is hard to beat.

mgmicky

FNG
I’m convinced there’s just no such thing as the “perfect” quiver for all hunts, and I have bought, sold, and traded just about everything on the market it seems. I like the convenience of a bow quiver, but the balance always felt awkward to me, and I just can’t make them work on longbows. If I could only use one, the Safari Tuff would probably be it. For treestand hunting, I really like a Simmons tube quiver. It’s a rigid tube that protects the entire arrow and is easy to strap to a pack. They are not made anymore, but if you do some searching online you can find one. It’s also worth checking out the Art Vincent Powderhorn or similar side quiver—they work well with a pack also. Good luck—let us know if you find the holy grail!

ozyclint

WKR
Checkout Marksman Quivers- https://marksmanquivers.com/

They have bow quivers and side/hip quivers. The hoods and grippers are fully compatible throughout the entire range of mounting options for a fully modular quiver system. A hood and gripper could be used as a strap on bow quiver, limb bolt bow quiver, hip quiver or side quiver.

SliverShooter

Lil-Rokslider
I use the Great Northern strap on bow quiver for everything except sometimes when hunting in a treestand. When hunting Treestands in November I sometimes use the Absorka side quiver in conjunction with a single arrow quiver that mounts on my bow. The single arrow makes a follow up shot as easy as using a bow quiver without the weight.

GLB

WKR
I mostly use a Great Northern strap on bow quiver as well. Got one that’s over 20 years old and still going strong. I also use a Raptor Side Quiver from Raptorarchery. Great quiver, I mostly use it now to carry extra arrows on the pack for some walking in hunts.

OP
M
I’ve got a Thunderhorn one piece strap on that I love, just wanted to try something a little different for the reverse handle ASL I got in December. Picked my compound up and may go that direction for hunting season this year though.

ERegs

FNG
Try a strap on Great Northern bow quiver. Super lite and goes on easy will last forever. For walking around and stump shooting I love my Howard Hill back quiver, but for deer hunting the GN is hard to beat.
2nd this! Use it on my Howard hill bows, 3piece recurves pretty much all them. Have had the same one for close 2 eight years, only changed the foam insert once. Use it for both tree stand hunts and backcountry hunts.

FredSG

FNG
You might consider a side quiver by Ralph Webb:

Attachments

• Ralph Webb quiver.jpg
    Ralph Webb quiver.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 13

FredSG

FNG
Or you might consider a side quiver made by Art Vincent:

Attachments

• Art Vincent side quiver.jpg
    Art Vincent side quiver.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 12

wytx

WKR
Kwikee kwiver sidewinder and a Kwikee quiver.
You can wear your quiver on your belt, sidewinder, or take it off and put on the bow with another bracket.