Hunting partner Louisiana

louisianahunter

Lil-Rokslider
I'm looking for some new hunting partners from my home state of Louisiana. I have a few friends who hunt in Louisiana but honestly not many, and most of them have their own private land. Not to mention they haven't turned out to take western hunting seriously. They'll say the want to go but wont put in the time to learn the point game in different states, make the point deadline, much less scout for what area to apply. Of the people I've met hunting public land in LA, most aren't too interested in the west weather it be from lack of time or funds to get out there/pay for out of state tags. They see it as something to do "one day", not every year like I do - totally understandable.
I'm equally looking for a partner who wants to hunt public land together in Louisiana or who someone who lives in Louisiana but is looking to plan trips out west together (I know most hunters down here have a lease and you can't bring guests). Even just someone who is equally obsessed with hunting and can hold a conversation would be nice. I may still be "FNG" but from what I've seen on rokslide, yall are my kind of people.

Just a little about me: 30yo, married, first kid on the way. I'm finishing up training as an internal medicine doc right now. From Louisiana and living in New Orleans. Me and my wife will be in NO for a few more years but looking to get out when the time is right (thinking about Casper). As far as experience I can't say I have the most but at least it's diverse. Grew up hunting - mostly bouncing between small parcels of family land 2 hrs, and eventually decided to try public land. It's been 2 full seasons now and I've had just enough success to keep the freezer full (two white tails and some hogs). As far as out west I've been twice unguided on public (mule deer in WY and elk in CO, the latter we came home heavy). Also a handful of other experience like shrimping, some fishing and even alligator hunting when I drew tags. I really enjoy finding different things to get into, planning a NM mule deer trip with my dad this fall, potentially first time turkey trip next spring. I'm building points in several states and plan on western hunting being a part of my life. So let me know if you're anywhere relatively in the area. I'm interested in just about anything outdoors and looking at states like Mississippi/Arkansas - so let me know if you're there and want to plan something.

Chuckybmd

WKR
Not much help, butI used to live in east Texas. I’m certainly missing the south.

I’m an EM doc, now moved to southern Idaho.

Good luck with your remaining years in residency!

Im from SE LA, go out west for most of September.and hunt whitetails mostly in SW MS and north of the lake. Im usually solo, but wouldnt hurt to have connections here in LA. Sounds like youre tied up this fall in NM and Ill be in ID/CO for september, but next years planning cant start too soon.

OP
L

louisianahunter

Lil-Rokslider
Im from SE LA, go out west for most of September.and hunt whitetails mostly in SW MS and north of the lake. Im usually solo, but wouldnt hurt to have connections here in LA. Sounds like youre tied up this fall in NM and Ill be in ID/CO for september, but next years planning cant start too soon.
Yeah man that'd be awesome for sure. I'll send a dm.

OP
L

louisianahunter

Lil-Rokslider
Not much help, butI used to live in east Texas. I’m certainly missing the south.

I’m an EM doc, now moved to southern Idaho.

Good luck with your remaining years in residency!
That's awesome, I think I want to stay in academics (we'll see, I'm doing a chief year). But I'd love to end up at a small program out there!