Hunting Horse Deluxe

Here's the horse we're offering this year. Hes a real gem hope you enjoy the video quite a bit of hunting.
Here's your chance at a once in a lifetime horse. From carrying our babies to packing Mountain lions, riding in the parade, he's done it all. We got Scooter as an unstarted 2 y/o and we've owned him ever since. One of the nicest colts we've ever started, started light and right. Oh, did we mention smooth? Scooter has a wonderfully smooth country covering gait that is to die for. Rides bridleless, works off leg cues, lopes nice circles, is fine with gunfire and fireworks. A real family horse! I guided hunts on him and the kids ride him every chance they can. You can let him sit and he rides off the same every time. He rides out alone, can lead a pack string or fit anywhere in it. Packed lions, wolves, elk, horns, hounds, kids, dudes and about anything you could imagine. Crosses water, ice, logs, bogs, snow drifts, flushing birds, bears, lions sure footed and smooth. Handier than a four-wheeler and more reliable too. Stamped with our Mountain K you can rest assured he's seen the mountains. Pickets by a front foot, hobbles, or throw him in the electric fence. Easy to load, great to shoe, catch, saddle and picks you up at the fence. Make sure to watch his video it shows it all. Please call and come ride him before the sale 3075876711 or 3078990284. You won't find a more experienced horse. Scooter is an 2015 model, 16 hand gelding, double registered TWH and SSH. Check out Kincheloe Mountain Horses on Facebook for current videos.

OP
wymtnpounder
scarce as hens teeth - a TWH that dont need a big bit. he should do well!!!

time was all i wanted was 16H. now i am like pony soldier.
No kidding I went back east and couldn't believe how heavy handed and harsh they were with their bits. Thats a nice observation. Thank you.

rayporter

WKR
i will break all my colts to ride like that nice animal. but when you get one he has been held in a headset with a pretty harsh bit and never had any work with his sides. tis a shame for the good ones. they are nice in the hi country for sure.

momma is looking for a gaited colt to ride so i may get a starter someday.

he should do well.

Some of my best horses had an aversion to pressure and intensity. I'm no trainer by any means but for what I use mine for, I tend to build a predictable partnership with the individual horse. That horse tends to be a one person horse in that partnership. Most will adapt to other people at the midpoint of their lives.

Instead of harsh bits and a demanding training, I'm closer to predictable trust with minimal pressure. Many of my horses have been from some one elses failure.

I have only had one so far that I couldn't turn and I will likely put her down this spring when the snow subsides. She just can't get to the point of trust and is always a cocked gun ready to fire with the safety off and a hair trigger.

I hope you give yourself the chance to own a horse... I bout my first a couple years ago. Its been a great investment, not for hunting but learning how to communicate in a different way. I still haven't hunted off of him, but he has taught me so much about life.
8cjSbEn-gErHlDviZnQjx6d9KRtXR8Qan9zXwF2fkXIM-NRMzCxY-cv57VE5Yb5-UQq5r-2mva8aM2zKi3JCWa3PL8zYXjzzmTTKXsXyh9bq1YwBXksEU42whIU_Sf7moIqI459LTKYrh1k2yoSj2SMl8_dHo2Tpm4Esbwvy3w9m_SEOJ4rCKKc95yhVy_7FKdGhcDt23nEIvWuA2AjRJoA9wrS0ji6Co-0iZqx4VL8cGpg1GS2dNGugZhgPNO9wfYkSsYeG6KT70I8brnJgY72Pv4k0eFt97EBQWsOyZLci4AGEaxjNP0JwLjhfzlqOACgUvH6JcahdJQygbs0BMlEVTfiPbPu3s8XxZ8_KST-4rI70b9zZsPaynLvRik1u3huG9D359Qt9dy2GCGTW3Ia6rgPaB5VEjHTwdEZwALEKnAgyzw_G8qQKtzuanp-71dFo1czZmuENlIDzU_BrdQmZ4Qpom9AjrWmfW6uWkQhV_ulkCp4XOtNjQ6erv5GBD4MqZZTUTbh8j-kn-otvmiTq-wJbjkD4XS5YaZfO8f7VesJAxkAfpRc87LCaAn7wWtr7e8X9VjmgWwAkcE9ddfFATCr5-zW97gw3-O5Z_a8FfyJg4bTcYSVDnw50vjesnj2HzNWOGRwS4DxLAk_7FVLr2Ikp67NeuTnjWO5glE4Gqcy6bjctu_lHSW7odZ83mC9jZCM-RvbwAOEuyrXRedMHrOUE07Ei6ubKJVcC_VZM-_wKSlP-9zH2hvob0B1X5_KH7rvR6LmChUs_cqg72hG2dgbBkIoR7dMw8ideqxAV08RUTF2aEKYs6dBa2Naz4i4bOVwfpsTuAMhtMl9vViL9WUJbiquLtg9zf_xqdHQIVqYhympyo67-oZAkKrMTsmpynag7-TL7O6qyVDec_CmRld_r-r8CC3HO686uPskbWrzsTg=w700-h933-s-no

This is jaw dropping. I am astonished at what a horse can be taught - not mine - but others.

When I was in my 20s, I rode up a trail on the crest of a rocky ridge that had about a ft of freeboard to a 3000ft cliff. Once you started up, there wasn't room to turn around until you got to the top. It went to the remains of a forest service lookout.

With that experience in the back of my mind, I remember negotiating with a breeder for one of his unplaceable ponies . I remember saying I could imagine a $1,500 horse at the bottom of cliff with my horse, saddle and gun but not a $2,500 horse. That horse was one of my best partners for $1,500 over 20 years. I'm currently running purebred horses and expect to pay $3,500 to $5,000. As you you approach $5,000 I still can't imagine one at the bottom of a cliff.

The one I am working up as a partner now cost me $3,500 three years ago. I'm impressed with spectacular ponies but have no interest in buying a pickup with hair.

OP
wymtnpounder
This is jaw dropping. I am astonished at what a horse can be taught - not mine - but others.

When I was in my 20s, I rode up a trail on the crest of a rocky ridge that had about a ft of freeboard to a 3000ft cliff. Once you started up, there wasn't room to turn around until you got to the top. It went to the remains of a forest service lookout.

With that experience in the back of my mind, I remember negotiating with a breeder for one of his unplaceable ponies . I remember saying I could imagine a $1,500 horse at the bottom of cliff with my horse, saddle and gun but not a $2,500 horse. That horse was one of my best partners for $1,500 over 20 years. I'm currently running purebred horses and expect to pay $3,500 to $5,000. As you you approach $5,000 I still can't imagine one at the bottom of a cliff.

The one I am working up as a partner now cost me $3,500 three years ago. I'm impressed with spectacular ponies but have no interest in buying a pickup with hair.
I get your point, but I'd bet most would choose to ride a horse like this up a trail like that then a 3500$ sale pony. Especially if price wasn't a factor. Thats the nice thing about our stock, they've been proven on trails like that, and worse. They've seen grizzlies, and had grouse jump up underneath them ect. The hard part is every damn horse trader in the country is saying how their horse or mule can do it all. Thats one reason we try and get lots of videos and pictures. Some people will charter a jet for 50k for a weekend getaway and never blink an eye. How much is a helicopter ride?

These are just generalities and I'm sure you have fantastic stock.

If one has the confidence, ability, and time to train their own stock that's an excellent way to do it. As you are aware it takes a lot of time to make a reliable mount. You have 3 years into the you're working with now what's that worth to you? Some people have more money than time, some more time than money.
Have a good day. Scott