Hunting Horse Deluxe

I get your point, but I'd bet most would choose to ride a horse like this up a trail like that then a 3500$ sale pony. Especially if price wasn't a factor. Thats the nice thing about our stock, they've been proven on trails like that, and worse. They've seen grizzlies, and had grouse jump up underneath them ect. The hard part is every damn horse trader in the country is saying how their horse or mule can do it all. Thats one reason we try and get lots of videos and pictures. Some people will charter a jet for 50k for a weekend getaway and never blink an eye. How much is a helicopter ride?

These are just generalities and I'm sure you have fantastic stock.

If one has the confidence, ability, and time to train their own stock that's an excellent way to do it. As you are aware it takes a lot of time to make a reliable mount. You have 3 years into the you're working with now what's that worth to you? Some people have more money than time, some more time than money.
Have a good day. Scott
You need to provide 30 days of training for whoever purchases your horse so they are worthy of owning such quality training. My experience has shown that the average rider struggles to get from their pickup to the bar gracefully on foot let alone on horseback.

This is a nice horse. Can’t ever say I’ve seen a Tennessee Walker lope pretty circles and have a flying lead change to boot either. He is worth the five figure price tag he’s going to bring.

I wouldn’t want to ride the $3500 horse with holes in their training/foundation either. Just saying. People spend five figures on new trucks, atv’s, utv’s, vacations, etc but don’t want to spend the money on good broke horses. It blows my mind. It’s one thing if you have the skill set to bring up and fix a $3500 horse but it’s another if you don’t and want something safe and fun to enjoy without the hassle. Spend the money, there worth every penny and you won’t regret it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BKehoe05

FNG
Look up Jake Clark Mule auction last year. OP sold a great mule there and it wasn’t the most expensive. These are well trained mountain stock selling for 50-70k.
https://saddlemule.com/mules4sale.php?page=2 2023 listings
Just sold 2 more horses I finished this week and thankfully I’m down to 6 that won’t be leaving and NOW ready to go get a mule or two. This was great timing! Out of curiosity what do most of those mules run for?

Preston

Lil-Rokslider
I get your point, but I'd bet most would choose to ride a horse like this up a trail like that then a 3500$ sale pony. Especially if price wasn't a factor. Thats the nice thing about our stock, they've been proven on trails like that, and worse. They've seen grizzlies, and had grouse jump up underneath them ect. The hard part is every damn horse trader in the country is saying how their horse or mule can do it all. Thats one reason we try and get lots of videos and pictures. Some people will charter a jet for 50k for a weekend getaway and never blink an eye. How much is a helicopter ride?

These are just generalities and I'm sure you have fantastic stock.

If one has the confidence, ability, and time to train their own stock that's an excellent way to do it. As you are aware it takes a lot of time to make a reliable mount. You have 3 years into the you're working with now what's that worth to you? Some people have more money than time, some more time than money.
Have a good day. Scott
I like you comment on taking 3 years to train a solid horse. I’m amateur but I’m learning, my goal was two years of 2-5 days a week training, but I’m willing to extend it. Looks like a great horse and you are a real professional at training/horsemanship

Been watching this guy show his trained horses for a few years now. I bought a 16 hand TWH about 18 months ago and he just turned 8 and is almost as good as this horse on the video is...except we don't have griz and wolves in Pa.....but do have blackies just as big...lol. At any rate, he is turning out exceptionally well with 2 hours of pro training per week. He also drives and does quite well at it. I'm getting my own cart this summer. I'm modeling my horse after his horses and realistically, it isn't cheap at $50/hr but it's very satisfying. Purchase price and training so far is right around 15K and he isn't even close to being where I want him. I really like this guys videos and if you want to see how much you can teach a horse just watch the Grand Prix level dressage horses in action. It takes at least 12-15 years and 500K to get a hand-picked horse to that level...and the rider needs to be at that level as well. This guy does a fantastic job with his horses. You just can't beat a TWH.