Hunter killed by deer

Years ago a hunter shot a bull elk in Oregon. They found the hunter slumped over the bull elk. Evidently the hunter was going to slit the throat and straddled the bull only to have the bull struggle and shoved a horn up under the rib cage of the hunter before dying.

Happened to a guy I was hunting with while muzzleloader hunting. Shot the deer waited, got down, didn't reload. The deer got up and charged him, he swung that heavy tc hawken at the deer and knocked the deer down then slit its throat. Crazy! He did break the stock off at the handgrip but he's alive.

My hunting partner once tried to stab a buck in the heart after shooting it with a .25-06, was still barely alive 45 minutes later. Didn't want to waste a bullet and grabbed a horn, straddled the buck, and started to probe for a soft spot between the ribs. Almost got gored and it took us 5 minutes to find his knife after the flung it. ****ing stupid.

I had one come back to life that my wife shot. He was piled up, back to a small embankment forcing me to approach from the hoof-side. I moved in with my knife and had a weird feeling--its eyes were closed. I switched hands with the knife and drew my handgun just as its eyes popped open and it was exploding up when I point-blanked him; the 45 put him right back in the snow. It turned out she had shot off one antler with her slug gun and it was just unconscious for the 5 minutes before I got there! The side missing an antler was in the snow so it wasn't obvious. She still took credit...

One of my great uncles told me when I was a kid, my other great uncle once put his gun in a deer rack only for it to get up and run off, they never found the gun. Who knows if it was true but the lesson always stuck with me to never assume they are dead.

A young buddy of mine was walk corn fields he stop and looking down the rows a doe was laying down so he shot her the deer did not know where the shot came from and ran right down the row, he got a total of 3 shots off before the doe hit him square in the chest. Broke 4 ribs and both collar bones. Luckily it wasn't a buck. Next time move over a row. Lol

My first archery elk gored me while I was packing the antlers out. I fell down with the antlers on my pack and gored the back of my thigh. I slapped some guaze and wrapped the thigh with tape and kept going until I had finished with all three loads of meat. The antler went in about 3” and the wound got infected later.

I always check to see if their eyes are open and if they are breathing. I've never had one come to life on my but heard about it happening. Hope I never do either!

I got charged by a buck in 2015, biggest whitetail I've ever killed. Thankfully both his front shoulder were out of service. I fell on my back and emptied a .40 S&W into his chest at point blank...he didn't die until a 3rd round from a 7 rem mag 45 minutes later. Every now and then you run up on a tough mean one that doesn't want to die.

When I was about 13 or 14 I was whitetail hunting with my dad and his friend. They had just invested in some fancy radios with headsets so we could talk to eachother while sitting on stand. Mid-morning we hear a boom and my dad's friend keys the mic and says he has a deer down. He can see it laying in the creek so he's going to get down out of the stand and start dressing it out.

Not 10 minutes later all hell breaks loose over the headsets. Yelling, splashing, grunting, heavy breathing, expletives, running...

Well when he turned on the mic earlier to let us know he shot a deer, my dad's friend had inadvertently switched the radio over to vox mode. And now between ragged breaths he informs us that when he walked over to the deer, which had its head completely submerged in water, reached down and grabbed an ear to pull it up on the bank, the deer leapt up and kicked him into the creek.

Scared the shit out of him and now he was running back to get his rifle that he left in the stand.

We got to hear it go down live and still to this day, one of the funniest things I have ever heard.

By the time he got to his rifle, the deer is laying dead right by the creek.

I would never approach a downed animal with a pocket knife. You all are extreme! I dont bow hunt, and maybe that is what you need to do in that situation, but with my rifle I always have a bullet chambered and ready to go as I approach.

It's not clear he was killed by the deer. Could have been a heart attack or something. And they aren't going to do an autopsy.

The title of the article Indicates the deer fatally attacked the hunter and he had multiple puncture wounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sad deal, but it happens and I can relate....

I got attacked by a large buck in 2009. It was near dark on a deserted mountain pass and my wife and I hit a deer with my Toyota truck. I went out to inspect my vehicle and walk back the 100 yards to see if the animal was okay or not.
Before I knew what was going on, a huge buck jumped up and hit me full tilt. He was on top of me and going to work trying to gore me as I struggled to press him off. We were literally tangled in old barbed wire in the ditch. At 6'5'' 225 I'm a big man, but I was panicking and wondering if the damn thing was going to kill me right there! i was freezing as well, I had no coat on and it was 20* with a 30 mph wind.
I stumbled to my knees and had his 6X6 rack in my hands and we went at it. 'Obsessed' is an understatement, this deer was crazy. I wanted to get to the truck to hole up, but I was afraid to turn my back on him, he kept coming.
I tired to break his neck, but I was dreaming to think I could. No chance. All I did was seriously piss him off. Finally my terrified wife ran back to us and threw me a tire iron, which I grabbed and hit him between the horns. Didn't faze him. I was getting pretty torn up at this point.
After 40 minutes of chaos in a sideways blizzard the fight turned in my favor when my wife found and tossed me a leatherman juice with a 2" blade.
It was ugly, but I got the upper hand with a throat cut.
I called the local sheriff and then F&G and explained what happened in case they wanted to come out. I was granted permission to tag and take the buck. My truck was towed.
It took me a couple of days to recover from the all-over soreness from that encounter.

Here's all that remains.....and yes, the skull is synthetic, the tire iron cracked his.

Back