Hoyt Carbon Spyder Turbo...I'm in love!!!

rhendrix

WKR
I freaking love this thing! Picked one up at the local pro shop for a good deal. Wanted something lighter than the Bowtech insanity but with the same performance. Shooting a 425 grain arrow at 293-295 FPS without tuning it at all! And with 20 minutes of shooting and no stabilizer I was shooting bullseyes.

621132ed937e67c9eb0a3c5b972df2a3.jpg

I think I found my forever bow!

:)

Last edited:
OP
R

rhendrix

WKR
Smackdown pro rest
CBE tek hybrid w/ dovetail
B-stinger stabilizer(s) (shot this without one so it'll be interesting to see what kinda stabilizer setup I end up running)
28.75" Easton axis nano arrows
Tightspot quiver

Good deal, I've been seriously considering ordering one. Shot them a couple of weeks ago and it is a sweet bow, just not sure I want to replace my 2012 Matrix with the Z5 cams on it.

Mike

OP
R

rhendrix

WKR
El Gavilan, I loved my matrix, never could get comfortable with the element, the string angle was terrible, but I loved how compact it was. This bow is a compromise between the two as far as size, and comes with some added performance. I can't wait to go kill something with it! Maybe I can talk my wife into letting me have a couple of days to chase some hogs soon!

I've got a nitrum in order. I used to have a carbon Spyder but didn't think the carbon was that big of a deal

kodiakfly

WKR
I've been on the fence, but honestly part of my decision making process is that I want the harvest brown if I got Nitrum....but the upcharge puts the Nitrum within a couple hundred of the CST and that's just paying for a color. I love my CE so much, I do like the carbon.

Rhendrix, is your new bow the 14' or the 15' model? My dealer wants 1600.00 for the new ones and has a couple leftover 14's for 1000.00. I really want a cst for myself but haven't decided which one yet. I'm glad your stoked on your new bow!

Sweet looking rig! Hoyt Carbon Bows sure are cool! I am having a hard time getting a different bow from my matrix. It sure shoots good!

Rhendrix, is your new bow the 14' or the 15' model? My dealer wants 1600.00 for the new ones and has a couple leftover 14's for 1000.00. I really want a cst for myself but haven't decided which one yet. I'm glad your stoked on your new bow!

You can also look on archery talk and pick up lightly used 2014 Carbon spiders and and turbos for 700-800

OP
R

rhendrix

WKR
Justin is right, there's a max-1 CST on archerytalk that if I had been patient I could've bought a week after I bought this one. I think it was listed at $850.

And I'm by no means a target archer, but this bow just shoots unbelievable and is amazingly forgiving for a 6" BH bow.

30 yards
8d358a159952632395e1413fca71592e.jpg

OP
R

rhendrix

WKR
She's a sexy beast for sure...I gotta think of a name for her.

Manosteel

WKR
Love the Hoyt Carbon risers. Picked up the new Carbon Turbo Spyder ZT 2015 from my dealer a little while ago. Incredible bow. Just getting her dressed up right now. Shooting in the string and doing basic tunning right now. Have a good base line and will be bareshaft tuning when I get a chance from work, been slammed this last month.

When I went in to try the Nitrum and Carbon ZT turbo bows side by side, the shop owner and I were so impressed with the wallop this bows shot with, we brought out the chrono,; shooting the Nitrum Turbo with wisker busicut slapped on, Dloop installed and timing checked, - we had her set at 30" draw and 71lbs. She shot a 387 gr arrow 334 fps. That is a hair under The advertised ATA speeds. Smoooooooking Fast!