Hoyt Torrex?

Buckhead

FNG
Thinking about a new bow for whitetail hunting and recreational shooting. Just turned 65 and I need to drop down in draw weight. A 50-60# bow should be sufficient for my needs. Have previously owned bows from Bowtech and PSE, but always wanted to try a Hoyt. Would rather not drop the coin for a flagship model, seeking opinions on the Torrex. Generally positive reviews, but all bow reviews are positive.

Not a speed freak, thinking 260-270 fps is realistic (55lb - 29" draw) Really like the features, weight and balance of the bow. Would like to shoot one, but local pro shop doesn't have a 50-60 lb model in stock. Appreciate the feedback.

OR Archer

WKR
Great mid price point bow. Tunes well. Decent speed. Nice and accurate. Draw cycle is smooth also. Hard to beat for the price

Reactions: Zac
OP
B

Buckhead

FNG
Thanks for the input. Mirrors what the tech told me. Wish I could demo one. Also heard good things about the Elite Terrain. Decisions, decisions.

Good bows. A 40-50 bow would probably top out about 53. You may get a few more years out of that.

OP
B

Buckhead

FNG
Update. Shopped around, got a deal on a new Torrex. Currently set at 56#, 29” DL. Over the chrono was averaging 260 with a 400 grain arrow. Much smoother draw than my 12 year old PSE. Solid back wall, quiet. Always owned flagship bows until now. This thing is a keeper.

Rathmatik

Lil-Rokslider
Nice, congrats! I bought my Torrex last January and it's been awesome. It was my first bow and the price was perfect for a performant bow that is easy to work with and shoots great. It's consistent, quiet, and the draw cycle is very smooth.