Hoyt Carbon Spyder 34 or Faktor 34?

young7.3

WKR
I have been shooting a 30inch ata bow for several years now and would like to jump up to a 34" ata. It would solely be used as a hunting rig, I don't do competitive shoots. The internet specs for both bows look identical so I'm hoping to get input on shootability. Does anyone have experience with either or both bows that can give a recommendation?

Also, I'm not familiar with the draw lengths/cam system on Hoyts. What cam would I need for a 29" draw?

xcutter

WKR
I had a 2014 Carbon Spyder 34. Great bow never had any issues with it. It was a little picky on hand placement for me.

I love the carbon risers of the Hoyt's. They have a different feel and stay warm to the touch in cold weather.

You could shoot a number 2 or 3 cam with your draw length. A number 2 you will be at the top of the draw length. I actually prefer the number 3 cam because of the smoother draw cycle being that the number 3 cam is bigger in size. You will be at the bottom of the draw length of a number 3 cam.

Bow was not super fast but I was shooting around 290fps at 29inch draw and 70lb draw weight with my hunting setup.

marktole

WKR
I’ve got a carbon spyder ZT34 and love it. The grip angle is what does it for me, more comfortable to hold at full draw. I’m also a big fan of the carbon riser vs aluminum.

CS 34 ZT. Bought it in 2015 before they ended and will not depart anytime soon. If you are RH then you'll find lots of options out there.

Get the cam that will peak at your DL. A full cam rotation is best and most efficient.

NaturalJon

Lil-Rokslider
I had a Faktor 34. All around a good bow. I replaced mine wanting more speed. That was my only complaint, not enough speed for my liking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lintond

WKR
Just posted at CS turbo in the classifieds.

OP
young7.3

young7.3

WKR
Thanks for the replies so far. Seems like I would be happy with either bow.

Lintond, looks like a very nice setup. Unfortunately it's well outside my price range at the moment. Good luck with sale.

lintond

WKR
Thanks for the replies so far. Seems like I would be happy with either bow.

Lintond, looks like a very nice setup. Unfortunately it's well outside my price range at the moment. Good luck with sale.

I’m open to selling the bare bow if that’s better for you. Open to offers.