How’s your fuel prices

Talk about coming down slow- ours just went down to $4.29 today; we should hit $3.50 in a year and a half at that rate.

Funny how circumstances always dictate raising prices quickly, but always dictate bringing down the prices as slowly as possible.

Diesel has dropped $0.80 in the last week in my area, still needs to drop another $2 to get to where we were this time last year.

Diesel is still $4.99 on average in East TN. Looks like it will be at least $1250 in fuel for my elk hunt at the current price. Debating whether I should pull my trailer or not. The difference between 12 and 19-20 mpg will be about $500.

The regional price disparity is crazy. Paid $4.69 in Gunnison, CO on Wednesday, but only $3.29 in Dallas, TX yesterday. At the beginning of June in both of those places, there was only about a $.30 per gallon difference, now it is $1.40. Somebody in CO is profiting.

I paid $3.27 in Athens, GA over the weekend. Most places around here are still 40 to 50 cents higher than that. I don't like being excited about paying over $3 a gallon, but that's the world these days.

Back