How's everybody make a living

mmayter9

FNG
I'm a millineal and live in WA. I do IT for a living. At the least I have windows I can look outside to daydream about being in the woods.

dhawkez

FNG
I think I saw a post before about this but find it interesting. What area do you live in and what do you do to make a living? I live east of Houston tx and I'm a pipeline operator. If the stars align I will be in Wyoming in a few months

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk
Ironworker in az

tuffcity

WKR
Going on 33 years as a federal fish cop. One of the few with my amount of time that is still field active. lol
Got to do some pretty cool stuff over the years, including international LE work with the USCG, but it's time to start being a trophy husband and living off the wife. :D Prob pull the pin this year sometime. Used to joke that I was on the "3 bad days" program to retirement... it's down to one bad day now. lol

Suspect I will have to get a part time side hustle... wife says retirement is twice the husband, half the income...

Blacktocomm

Lil-Rokslider
WA - Work in tech. At least for the time being I am still here. Who knows for how long.

Pdzoller

WKR
Utility Arborist/Power Line Clearance Tree Trimmer. Guy that butchered your tree lol. Work all over the PNW. live in Western Oregon.

LoggerDan

WKR
Logger/timber faller. I hike up and down steep hills, packing a big saw and and gas and oil jugs, falling trees and bucking them according to lengths and scale, or I’m hiking up and down hills packing an 85 pound block on my shoulders through fell and buck. or coils of haywire. Or setting one inch chokers on butt riggin. Or running a saw chasing for a shovel.

I can rig up a 100 foot tube yarder. I can splice cable. I can run a stacker or a log shovel. I’ve worked out on the rafting grounds building log rafts. I repair saws and maintain them. I can sort logs. I can help fix heavy equipment. I’ve helped drill and blast pits. Rain, hail, heat, wind, snow, it doesn’t matter. I didn’t come from a logging family, but when I found it, it was like a thirsty man in the desert finding water. I’m glad that I was able to work in the old growth of se AK, to live a job that is a dying lifestyle. It’s a hard life that requires tough men. I love the structure and the culture. No whining. No crying. NoHR. No excuses. It’s not something that is “just a paycheck “. Sadly,it’s coming to an end in the SE.
PS- I’m horrible in a dump truck.
When I’m not in camp, there’s always someone needing a tree fell.

Emergency Room travel nurse. I love it! It allows me to spend less time working and more time to spend with my wife, kids and to hunt and fish. I worked 7 months last year and spent 5 off. My oldest is 6 and loves to fish and hunt. He got to blood trail 4 whitetails this year. I killed 2 with the rifle while he was with me, and he's into it. We got to fish together almost every day in June July and August. Wouldn't trade it for anything!!!

Lead driver for a division of a propane company in SW MO. Self-employed contractor before that, so now Project Superintendent for the new office building at work, too. Studying for my Enrolled Agent Cert in the evenings, going to start a tax service business this year.