Howa carbon barreled action

Question: I have a 1500 in .308 with a HS stock. Would the carbon barreled action fit in that without any work? Thinking that I have to have a 6.5 PRC. LOL

Short answer is no. Howa uses a long action for the 6.5 PRC and your 308 stock is for a short action. What barrel channel does your HS stock have?

Of course after posting my question, I did some more research and realized the action difference between the two. The barrel channel is narrow on my .308. I found an HS precision with carbon fiber barrel channel on their site. Wow, $499. I guess that's the case with any quality stock. The have a military discount though, I'm waiting to see what that is.

Of course after posting my question, I did some more research and realized the action difference between the two. The barrel channel is narrow on my .308. I found an HS precision with carbon fiber barrel channel on their site. Wow, $499. I guess that's the case with any quality stock. The have a military discount though, I'm waiting to see what that is.
In most cases it's not a problem to use a dowel and sandpaper to open up a barrel channel too. I always check with the manufacturer first though.

I ordered the 6 Arc mini action in a 20 inch barrel and stocky next gen carbon stock . Going to polish the action a little and cut it down to 18 inches. My buddy is running the same setup and it’s shooting lights out.
5b85b789cfd7dfef71f72cde20f04a69.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I grabbed a 6mm Arc carbon barreled action a few weeks ago. I put it in a Stocky's stock and now I'm ready to get it sighted in. This thread cost me a good chunk of money.

Back