How would you Approach this spot

netdrop

FNG
So this has deer but I have a hard time accessing it without making a good amount of noise. I would like to hear how you would approach it. This is archery only.The predominant wind is from the North.
Screenshot_20240124_070725_onX Hunt.jpg

OP
N

netdrop

FNG
Which bit? The area with the 2 rub indicators

What type of deer? Whitetail

What type of hunting? Archery Only

Deciduous or evergreen trees? Mixed Oaks mostly

Flat, hilly or mountainous? Flat with some creeks running through

Public or private? public

How far from trails? Trails as in human made there are none.

robtattoo

WKR
To be honest, looking at the small portion of the map you've given, there's nothing there that would get me excited about hunting it.

There's no really obvious bedding or feed areas, no natural funnels & very little in the way of obvious terrain features that would draw deer to it. Maybe a zoomed out version of the map may show some indication but from what I'm seeing, I probably wouldn't put in any effort to try & get in there. A couple of rubs are pretty meaningless, unless they're generational.

What's the surrounding area like? Much agriculture?
Without giving away anything specific, letting us at least know what State you're in would help.

OP
N

netdrop

FNG
Sorry, I got the archery bit, I meant spot & stalk, groundblind, ground ambush, or treestand. I would assume there'll be no permanent stands, since it's public?
saddle mostly but I would be open to any approach

OP
N

netdrop

FNG
To be honest, looking at the small portion of the map you've given, there's nothing there that would get me excited about hunting it.

There's no really obvious bedding or feed areas, no natural funnels & very little in the way of obvious terrain features that would draw deer to it. Maybe a zoomed out version of the map may show some indication but from what I'm seeing, I probably wouldn't put in any effort to try & get in there. A couple of rubs are pretty meaningless, unless they're generational.

What's the surrounding area like? Much agriculture?
Without giving away anything specific, letting us at least know what State you're in would help.
I am in Texas. The reason I want into this area is out of the whole WMA this area is the only area based on Camera data that bucks and does are daylighting consistently. There are red oaks here and some white oaks. There are private farms surrounding it. I believe a buck to be bedding in the area