How to cut a stainless steel sink?

I have a commercial stainless steel sink wife wants to use in our mudroom. I need to enlarge the hardware holes to accept the hardware my wife chose. I need to go from 1 1/8" holes to 1 11/4" holes roughly. I tried a jigsaw with a metal blade but that wasn't going to "cut it". Need suggestions on what tool to use.

Backyard

WKR
You could use a hole saw, or a step drill if you can find one that big. Either way use lower RPM and a coolant or cutting oil of some sort. You would need a proper sized pilot for the hole saw tho or it would end up walking all over.
Greenlee also makes a manual punch for use in the field. Not cheap tho for one use only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I stopped doing silly things that took me forever and I finally got me a cheap Plasma Cutter. It was love at first sight. I use the hell out of that thing.

Make you a template out of a clip board and center the circle and your done in 30 seconds with all of the holes...and if you mess up you can try out your tig abilities at fixing things lol.

Step bit for sure. I know Milwaukee makes one that goes to 1 3/8". Probably the easiest and cleanest way to go.

If thats the case then yeah. that would be the ticket. Step bits self center

Other method would be to have a 1-1/8 hole saw and a 1-1/4" hole saw. Cut a 1-1/8" hole in a piece of 2x4 . Use that wooden plug as your guide to stay centered when you cut the 1-1/4" hole

Yoder

WKR

Other method would be to have a 1-1/8 hole saw and a 1-1/4" hole saw. Cut a 1-1/8" hole in a piece of 2x4 . Use that wooden plug as your guide to stay centered when you cut the 1-1/4" hole
That is genius. I will definitely use that in the future.

grfox92

WKR

I thought I invented that technique.

I should have patent it...

To the OP, step bit, what doc said, or a Dremel or diegrinder.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

geterdone

FNG
I have seen a pilot bit for hole saws that accepts a inner and outer hole saw, use the inner for your pilot and outer for the enlarged hole size. Going up 1/8" might be too small of a change for that pilot to work.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk