How Tall are your mid/late season boots?

Rizzy

WKR
What are your experiences and preferences on boot height for a mid to late season boot. I'm trying to decide between the Crispi Hunter (11") and the Crispi Wild (9.5") for a cold weather boot. Will that extra 1.5" make a difference in the snow?

cmeier117

WKR
I have the Crispi Wild. I haven't had the chance to try them in snow yet but I love mine. I think the Hunter has a few extra features and some of their newer technologies. But to me it is just another eylet to lace up. 9.5 inch seems plenty high. Just wear gaiters.

bowinhand

WKR
Ditto, ankle support stops above the ankle so the extra leather is just extra weight, just put on a pair gaiters.

OP
Rizzy

Rizzy

WKR
Good to hear...the Crispi Wilds are on clearance too. I currently have the Zamberlans Vois. They are 6" and uninsulated. I used them for the whole season last year. They have been a great boot and I plan to use them scouting and early season, but I need something more for the deeper snow. I had some cold wet feet on 1 of my hunts last season. Good call on the gaiters, I need to get some. I was hoping the Kuiu gaiters would have been out by now.