How much venison do you eat in a year ?

Bighorse

WKR
Here in SE AK we have Federal Subsistence hunting privlage and are able to take six deer per person being a permanant resident of a remote town. Last year my family of five ate 12 Sitka Deer. Now I'm not talking in the freezer still, they are GONE! Thats on top of one Caribou, one Dall sheep, and one Mt. Goat.

Other than a few odd ball packs of 2010 old meat I'm ready to do it again here in another week or so.

You learn about the reality of hunting as a sustainable lifestyle choice in an area like this, when hunting is the very best thing environmentally, socially, and economically.

Last year living by myself I ate two deer from Sept 10th through the end of May.... 4-5 days a week either in the form of chicken-fried deer steaks, chili, tacos, spaghetti, or rarely just grille the steak. I think I have about 10 lbs of burger left.

Mike

RUTTIN

WKR
I live on a farm and raise beef and pigs, so I have a freezer full of domestic for the family, and I eat what ever wild game I get lucky enough to harvest. I have just about gone through one elk since the hunt last year. If I could shoot whitetail, I would kill as many as possible. I think that is the best tasting game meat around!