How much Vacation time do you get?

Probably too much.

A week of floaters, 3 1/2 weeks of vacay, 4 weeks of sick. I started before I had kids so I was able to bank a bunch of sick so I'm sitting at 700 hours.

dotman

WKR
160hrs or 4 weeks a year plus can carry over 40hrs or 1 week a year. Flexible work schedule that allows working remotely at times and my wife only gets 3 weeks a year. Half is designated to my time or hunting the other half goes for family fun.

In another 4 years I'll be at 200hrs or 5 weeks a year.

Man I got hosed. 14 days PTO, 5 sick. Use them or lose them. Holidays off sometimes if it's on a weekend, I'm usually on call at least half of them.
Cow vet

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Russp17

WKR
4 weeks or 160 hours a year. No sick time can have up to 120 in the bank at a time. Flexible with LWOP as long as I'm not busy at work.

Fire Sprinkler Contractor, 15 days plus 7 paid holidays.

I use about 75% of mine for hunting and fishing trips. The other 25% is family vacations, where we go hunting or fishing, lol.

182 hours a year of PTO, or a hair under 5 weeks. Plus 11 days of Federal/State holidays. I can carry up to 120 hrs to the next year.
If I'm still here in 2 years, I'll be at close to 6 weeks of PTO with 160 hrs. allowable carryover.

I also have 120 hrs. left of sick leave from the days when we had separate vacation and sick leave. I dip into that on occasion since I probably won't be here forever and I won't get paid out for that if I leave.

I also usually work way more than 40 hrs. per week in the summers so I bank some comp time for September hunting.

I don't find my vacation inhibits me, it's finding the balance between taking leave for family stuff and hunting. My wife already has two weeks booked for family trips this year. I'm also finishing my graduate degree so I can't be away for too long before I have to get back to work on homework. I'll be done with that around April of next year!!! Can't wait for that to be done.

I work as a fisheries biologist doing river restoration work.

Savage99

WKR
Engineer (transportation industry)

15 days (earned at 10hrs/mo)
8 holiday days

7 years in, no scheduled bump in time off. Once I reach a certain level I plan to negotiate more time. They say it will always be 15 days, but I'm working to become more skilled/valuable each day, so at the very least take off unpaid some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rdoehne

FNG
7 weeks paid. Shift work so take a weeks vacation get 12 days off... mill coordinator

I get 12 PTO days a year (That includes sick time) and 6 paid holidays. And I work 6 days a week 10 hours a day.

I am really hoping for a change. It just isn't enough.

Spitfire

FNG
6 weeks paid vacation for me but it's unfair comparison as I'm from Norway and we by law get minimum 5 weeks paid vacation

Sent fra min SM-G935F via Tapatalk

tuffcity

WKR
Probably about 50 paid days off this year, not counting weekends and holidays, so about 10 weeks.

RC

mfolch

WKR
4 months, plus Thanksgiving and a week off in the spring; and I only show up for work 2 days a week, for 3 hours each day. The perk of being a university professor. Drawback: I work at a research institution in which ~88% of faculty lose their jobs, which means you end up spending all that time off, day and night, weekday and weekend, holidays, birthdays, every day, doing as much research as possible and writing grants etc., in hopes of being in the lucky 12%.

As much time off as I want..none of it paid. 0 paid sick days either.

I own my own business and have to be in the office to make any money.

Old_Navy

Lil-Rokslider
52 weeks a year, I'm old & deliberately unemployed, never had any kids, wife worked 32 yrs @ Wells Fargo. Collecting checks from the
Navy. So the only stress I get is from deciding which chair to sit in on the back deck for my daily pipe & dram of single malt

SquidHC

Lil-Rokslider
4 week's vacation, 3 flex days, 13 holidays and 12 sick days. Engineer for the county.

I usually take 2-3 weeks off in September for hunting, though it's always competing with family vacation time.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

120 hrs. I'm a steel maker so we work 2/2/3/2/2/3 (2 on, 2off, and so on). Switch days and nights after we rotate through that. Makes it pretty easy to take a decent 10ish day trip for hunting and still make time for a family vacation.

Russp17

WKR
Engineer (transportation industry)

15 days (earned at 10hrs/mo)
8 holiday days

7 years in, no scheduled bump in time off. Once I reach a certain level I plan to negotiate more time. They say it will always be 15 days, but I'm working to become more skilled/valuable each day, so at the very least take off unpaid some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I would hit them up that is pretty low from my experience in the engineering field. I'm nine years in and I'm at 20 days, and at least for Alaska that is the bare minimum for any engineer I know has.