How Much PTO Do You Have?

BrentH

WKR
State employee for 14 years. I accrue 14.6 hours of Vacation and 8 hours of sick leave every month. Can only roll over 240 hours of vacation each year on my anniversary date. No cap on sick leave.

WKR
4 weeks came with my desk job position and I buy 2 more weeks every year, which is the max. I have no idea how much I can roll over because I burn it all every year. I can't wait to negotiate my way down to 32h/week.

Dogless85

FNG
I earn 20 hrs per month. I am on a compressed workweek and must take 11.5hrs per day. I work 4 days one week and 3 days the next. Anything over 8 is 1 1/2 × pay.

Save all that sick leave for the retirement payout.

I'm a Fed with 13 years in, sitting on about 4 weeks of use or lose. Two more years til it bumps up to 8 hours per pay period. But even now, I get so much travel comp time that I'll never use all my leave. Probably going to donate a few weeks if anyone is in the leave donor program.

While I agree, I figure if I’m gonna work here the 30-35 more years I’ll need to hit retirement, I “should” have plenty of time to recoup the sick leave when my kid(s) aren’t babies and it’s not needed as much haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dtrkyman

WKR
Unlimited!

I don’t work I don’t get paid, zero benefits, zero overtime, tear up my vehicle, away from home a lot, live at work.

Oh the guide life!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left a job January 1st to move and start new. Cashed out my 240 hours the max banked. Even took two days to finish up the house remodel before we sold. It was sad to exchange that free paid time for cash but I’m glad it was full pay I’ve heard of some partial pay cash outs.

New job seems to be building quicker and I negotiated an extra week per year which is nice. Don’t tell the wife she wants to go somewhere tropical I just stare at the mountains in view that have good elk hunting.

I get 10 federal holidays and now that I'm 5 years with my company now, so I now get 5 weeks a year.. That PTO is applied towards sick leave too

I try to get keep 80 hours in case of emergencies. I used almost 80 hours 2 years ago when I had to stay home for 2 weeks cuz of the GAWDDAMNED CHINESE COVID FLU

bucksnbirds

Lil-Rokslider
I work on a drilling rig with a 7 days on/7 days off schedule. So no paid time off for me technically. But if I take an unpaid week off of work, I technically have 3 weeks off which is what I'll be doing for September this year. I just make up the money for the week of work missed by working a few extra days off before season gets here. Roughnecking is a tough job, but not many places do you have this kind of time to hunt and still clear 100k per year.

49ereric

WKR
I work on a drilling rig with a 7 days on/7 days off schedule. So no paid time off for me technically. But if I take an unpaid week off of work, I technically have 3 weeks off which is what I'll be doing for September this year. I just make up the money for the week of work missed by working a few extra days off before season gets here. Roughnecking is a tough job, but not many places do you have this kind of time to hunt and still clear 100k per year.
Roughnecking is easier than it was 40 years ago…
low Kelly dull bit new driller same old shit…

bucksnbirds

Lil-Rokslider
Roughnecking is easier than it was 40 years ago…
low Kelly dull bit new driller same old shit…
In some ways it has gotten easier. Especially for hands with companies like H&P, Unit, XO, etc With their iron roughnecks, hydraulic catwalks, etc. Hands are no more than janitors and maintenance men. I prefer my little old school triple I'm currently on. Old school rig besides our chain is now pipe spinners and no more kelly.

WBrim

WKR
I have 7 paid holidays and 4 weeks PTO a year. No roll over, cash’s out at the hire date if there is any left. It took 10 years with the company to build up to that.

49ereric

WKR
In some ways it has gotten easier. Especially for hands with companies like H&P, Unit, XO, etc With their iron roughnecks, hydraulic catwalks, etc. Hands are no more than janitors and maintenance men. I prefer my little old school triple I'm currently on. Old school rig besides our chain is now pipe spinners and no more kelly.
I knew the Kelly was long gone and chain spinners are a good improvement as well.
i thru chain a lot working the floor…