How much does elevation change POI

ATL

FNG
I assume the scope is second focal plane? A long time ago I used a 3-9x Ziess BDC reticle. I did not change the zero, but could increase or decrease the scope magnification to adjust the scale of the markings to match the trajectory.

For example, zeroed at 2000 DA the 30-06, 180 grain bullet, matched the reticle markings (200, 300, 400, etc.) at 7x. At 9000 DA I could change the magnification to 8x for the markings to match with the flatter trajectory. This is just an example I do not remember what the actual magnification setings were for certain loads or DA’s.

At the time it was a slick system. Zero at 200 yards on a tall target. Move target board out to the maximum yardage the scope has markings for (500 or 600 yards). Aim for the target with the 200 yard crosshairs and fire 3-5 rounds to obtain a group. Go down range and boldly mark the group so it can easily be seen through the scope. The group will be below your aiming point by a good amount. Go back to the rifle and adjust the magnification until the center crosshair is centered on the target, and the corresponding distance marker (500 or 600) covers the shot grouping. Whatever the scope magnification is set to is matched to that load and DA. Mark the magnification rings position with a silver sharpie. Test the other distances match up with the reticle markings as expected.

Using your ballistic solver, you can plan for other trajectories at higher or lower DA’s. Mark a tall target accordingly, line up your center zero crosshair and distance markings (500 or 600) for that trajectory and mark the magnification for that DA. When you get to camp check your zero, place the scope magnification for the matching DA, and go hunt.