How many speed loaders are you carrying?

How many?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 8 20.5%

Votes: 14 35.9%

Votes: 4 10.3%

Votes: 7 17.9%

Votes: 6 15.4%

• Total voters

Ucsdryder

WKR
In the past I’ve carried 2 plus the loaded gun. How many are you carrying, plus the loaded ML.

Westhunt

FNG
I carry 2 plus gun as far as speed loads. But I also carry a possibles pouch with a little cleaning kit, a dozen primers, and 5 premeasured tubes of powder and a small container of extra bullets.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

BBob

WKR
I carry 2 plus gun as far as speed loads. But I also carry a possibles pouch with a little cleaning kit, a dozen primers, and 5 premeasured tubes of powder and a small container of extra bullets.
This is basically what I do as well.

Wrench

WKR
The link I posted doesn't show it charged, but it holds 3 powder/wad/bullet charges and dispenses them in no time. It's sealed and see through so you can verify it's dry.

Zack-s

FNG
Getting off more than 3 shots with a ML on a hunt is not likely to happen

Wrench

WKR
Zip fizz containers are perfect for extra bullets and powder charges. I've carried some of the push top vials and had them open in my pack and pants....never a zip fizz.

Ditt44

Lil-Rokslider
I usually have at least three on me plus the loaded gun. If in-line, the three I carry on the stock in a flex-tube thingy (TC Pro Hunter). If it is flintlock season, I carry five or six and along with enough patches and small bottle of windex for emergency cleaning in addition to the typical flintlock accessories.

CHWine

Lil-Rokslider
I'm taking 5+ the loaded gun. Will have 3 more on the hunting rig. A fella just never knows what might happen.

I carry between 4 and 6 plus twice as many primers. I prefer the older TC speed loaders with the separate powder compartment and the built in bullet starter. If I'm flintlock hunting, I have 2 speed loaders, an extra filled pan primer, extra flint in a tiny zip lock bag, a small powder flask & measure, and a container with alcohol soaked patches all in a small possibles pouch.

farmermail

Lil-Rokslider
I have the load in the gun, and 5 more with me. Been known to use all of them on hikes. Couple swing and miss, then hit, then follow up shots, it can go quickly. Now that Idaho allows something other than solid lead projectiles, that will definitely help with precision, so maybe fewer swings and misses.

I generally carry 10 on a backpack hunt. Two in my pocket and 8 in reserve. Never know what can happen. You may have to check and adjust the zero if your rifle takes a bump.

rayporter

WKR
it depends on how far i go in. 4 is normal but if i am camping i take 5 and a couple vials of powder.
on one occasion i killed 3 pigs as fast as i could reload.

Rich M

WKR
Depends on the trip. Typically carry 3 extra rifle rounds and 3 extra ML loaders.

I don't shoot pigs, but will check my zero if I miss something.

On a truck-based hunt, I'll carry 3 or 4. On a multi-day backpack hunt, I usually carry 6-8 total loads now. I always carry extra primers like other guys mentioned.

I had a mule deer hunt that I was packed in 6 miles deep for that I ended up using all 5 shots I packed (luckily I didn't need anymore), so I've started carrying more. I'd rather carry an extra half pound of muzzleloader supplies than hike all the way out to the truck or not have a finishing shot if things get western, which happens much more often with muzzleloaders than rifles in my experience.

Honyock

WKR
On a truck hunt, three plus the gun and a half dozen extra primers. If I've shot more than four times and not killed anything, it's time to stop and check zero or practice.