How many Pa guys on Rok Slide

brunse

Lil-Rokslider
How many elk hunters? Anyone else crave September in the high country?

Not from PA myself, but my wife is from Elizabeth, PA. It's just outside (SE) of Pittsburgh in Allegheny county. I go back there every year, around either Thanksgiving or Christmas, and bowhunt whitetails with my brother-in-law.

OP
Teeton

Teeton

Lil-Rokslider
Brunse, made it out west 18 of the last 21 year. 14 to about 21 day. Look forward to going the day I get back from the my last trip

bg33bow

FNG
Ill be in AZ The whole month of sept scouting then chasing elk drew unit 1,2b,2c cant wait. BG from Philly.

OP
Teeton

Teeton

Lil-Rokslider
Welcome all you new comers. Rosey,you have to keep us informed on your trip... How about some more info on it to start?

Rosey

FNG
Sorry Teeton didn't see the request for more info till now. 13 days left till I leave for the Brooks Range in Alaska for Dall sheep and grizzly if opportunity presents itself. I will be gone 16 days will 11 hunting days. Coolest part for me is I'm following in my Grandfather's footsteps, (or as close as I can). In 1968 he and 3 other guys took a month and half and drove from PA (Shippensburg) to Fairbanks, then flew into the Brooks to hunt sheep a week and a week for moose. He killed a ram and when he got back my grandmother didn't want the mount hanging in her house. My recently married parents gladly took it. In just over a year I was born so I literally grew up look at his ram and then talking to him about the adventure. Every time I read a book or article involving sheep hunting I looked at his ram. I only wish he was still here to know I am going, and I wish I would have gotten more details of the trip. My dad dreamed of going too but lost his ability to walk at a young age and never got to. I decided I needed to go while I can. I'm in the best shape of my life but still wondering if it will be good enough. I know I'm going to enjoy every minute of the adventure and hope to get the job done.

Jim 1367

FNG
Rosey, it seems I have heard that story before!! You should have the hunt of a lifetime. Remember to write the story for the newsletter when you get back, I am counting on it being a good one.

I am from Pike county, pa, as far North East as you can get and still be in Pa. I am also the President of Eastern Chapter Wild Sheep Foundation. I would really hope to meet some of you at our show in February in Lancaster. We had a great show last year and planning for bigger this year!

Jim

Rosey

FNG
Good to hear from you again Jim. Thanks for all of your encouragement over the last couple of years while I worked to make this happen. Hope your are doing well getting ready for your desert hunt in a few months.

Jim 1367

FNG
Still got a little time until November. Leave oct 17 for Kyrgyzstan for Marco Polo and ibex. Get home on the first and leave two days later to drive to New Mexico for sheep. Should be the pinnacle of my hunting career. I don't know what I could ever do to top this. Good luck on your hunt. Are you going to the lake we talked about?

worx53

WKR
Pa guy here as well. On another note, I lost my hunting partner for Colorado archery elk and am looking for a hunting partner to split expenses etc. I have a good spot to hunt and am flexible with dates. I can do archery or rifle. It's otc on either.
pm me if seriously interested in going asap!