How many are using a Sport SXS for hunting access, which one and your experience?

Hikein

FNG
I use a Pioneer 500. Not the sportiest or fastest, but it will go anywhere and haul two deer quartered. It’s perfect on tight trails, yet on long flats I’ve hit 40mph. Kolpin gun case strapped overhead, and when my kid can go with me carries two plus gear no issues. I needed a 50” machine and I just decided it was most practical. It is transportation to and from hunting, taking me to the most inaccessible spots on the mountain.

NABG Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Good update Steve. I got a Wolverine in 2019, and the Jeep just gathers dust now. Places that used to take an hour to get to in the Jeep are now 20 minutes.
I have the same machine. It's a freakin' Billy Goat, w/ Yamaha reliability.

C60EB9A6-136C-47FB-9422-679D112C148E.jpeg
Can’t wait till hunting season. Anyone carrying chains? Debating if purchasing a set of chains would be worth while. I did put on some beefier aftermarket tires but they didn’t get great reviews for snow use.

jlh42581

WKR
20220522_083306.jpg

20220522_083322.jpg

I have the sport max. We ride in freezing temps. To get an animal in mine you'd still need to quarter but the trunk keeps the stuff clean.

Had places to hunt with it but currently do not. Land is open to ride but not hunt. The land open to hunt is open to ride only outside of season.

jlh42581

WKR
Can’t wait till hunting season. Anyone carrying chains? Debating if purchasing a set of chains would be worth while. I did put on some beefier aftermarket tires but they didn’t get great reviews for snow use.

Buy another set of wheels and put your current tires on them. Put your stock bighorns back on the factory wheels to run in winter they do well. If you already sold them I guess you could do chains but ive never seen it done in the hundreds of machines I ride with. Other option if you dont have the horns anymore is get some tusk megabites, not crazy expensive and more of an open tread for mud/snow.

OP
L
View attachment 413101
I have used the recovery ramps a few times, so for me it's worth carrying in the snow.

I bought a pair of chains but haven't used them. It seems that if the snow is too deep for me to drive with my 32's, then I'm not going to make it far with chains either. I do like the extra clearance with the 32's vs stock 28's.

ps - I also have the chains in case I need them for plowing the driveway (about 1500ft), though the last couple winters had such light snow I haven't needed them yet.

Buy another set of wheels and put your current tires on them. Put your stock bighorns back on the factory wheels to run in winter they do well. If you already sold them I guess you could do chains but ive never seen it done in the hundreds of machines I ride with. Other option if you dont have the horns anymore is get some tusk megabites, not crazy expensive and more of an open tread for mud/snow.
I bought the Tusk Terrabite 8 ply.

Ive heard pretty good things about those badlands winches yet to see one in person working but alot of here say

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

View attachment 413101
Any update with this machine? I have a Pioneer 520 but considering going with something more sporty for more comfortable riding and a higher highway speeds. Thanks!