How many apples do you have?

There was one honey crisp apple in the fruit basket when I left for work this morning. My guess there will be none when I get home. Wife or daughter probably ate it now that I'm wanting an apple because of this stupid thread.

While on the topic of apples maybe someone can shed some light on my favorite type of apple, the golden delicious.
It's been hard to find in stores if at all the past few years. Something happen to that particular type of apple tree?

Fordguy

WKR
I have a dozen Arkansas black apples in the refrigerator from my trees this fall. They keep well, taste good, but have a really tough skin. My winesap started producing this year, and is one of the best apples I've ever tasted.

I've got an apple tree in the yard but apple season has been over for 3 months here in MT so store bought cosmic crisp is what my daughter likes we have 4. I've got about 20 lbs frozen for pies and such from this fall but not readily edible

Encore4me

FNG
Fried apples and pork chops with cooked cabbage (not sauerkraut). That’s where it’s at!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a dozen Arkansas black apples in the refrigerator from my trees this fall. They keep well, taste good, but have a really tough skin. My winesap started producing this year, and is one of the best apples I've ever tasted.
Winesap is the only right apple to use in homemade applesauce!

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
I got a thread deleted earlier because this isn’t a political forum. I want to get one deleted because this isn’t an apple forum.
Politics tend to drag the forum down so unless it’s political and hunting or shooting related we shut those down. I guess as long as the apple is rotten it can stay.

ljalberta

WKR
I have zero apples. I have 7 oranges and 6 bananas though, but I suppose I should save those for the appropriate threads.

johnnycake

Lil-Rokslider
Politics tend to drag the forum down so unless it’s political and hunting or shooting related we shut those down. I guess as long as the apple is rotten it can stay.
But if we start talking about certain Protein Consumer's height it'll get nuked, right?

Grew up with a lovely little orchard. I've got a real weakness for a proper Fuji apple. We had a pair of Fuji trees that routinely put out +2lbers that were the perfect blend of sweet and tart with a snappy skin and crispy interior.

Honey crisps have gone downhill since they have been found out. You use to only be able to get them around Halloween and they would be fresh. Every damn one was the size of a softball and delicious. Now, you get year old apples and half taste like blah.

I have two honey crisp trees that produce really well now so I get all I can eat for a solid two months. Also have a Granny Smith.

squid-freshprints

Lil-Rokslider
As per usual, none. The kids already got 'em.
face.........................................off.

Last edited:

Glendon Mullins

Hillbilly Moderator
Staff member
When yer talkin about “wild “ apples that taste good, they’re not actually wild. They’re leftover trees from some homestead or cabin. Good tasting apples are a carefully bred product, usually grown from grafts, and truly wild apples are almost universally bitter. Apples that are allowed to fully ripen on the tree will be tastier than storebought, which are often picked a little shy of ripe. I think they even use some kind of chemical gas bath to ripen them in the store? Or to keep them “fresh.”
yes this is what i meant lol, old apple trees , there are lots of them where i live