How long would you wait on a new rifle?

I wouldn’t move forward with a build that had no end in sight. Not with the options available today. Earlier this year, I bought a ruckus, proof prefit, and 1,000 rounds of ammo within a couple days of each other. Including shipping and transfer, call it 10 days of “wait time”. The mechanical precision is about 1/2 MOA for 5-shot groups with factory ammo that wasn’t “tuned” or “tested” in advance. We’re in the golden age.

If a smith has all the components, a few months should be enough time. Anything beyond that and I’m not too interested in doing business with them.
That assumes they don't have any other guns to work on already.

Do you really want to use a Smith that no one else does?

All depends on what parts are ordered.
Full custom your at the mercy of action/stock/barrel shipments/supply
But after a Smith has all the parts it shouldn't take more than a month or 2.

Guns can be assembled/chambered/bedded in less than a week.

I hate waiting. Waiting 6-8 months for a stock or action Is unacceptable. But I deal with it.

If I have a gun build in mind, I pretty much plan on it taking a year.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I waited for about 3 months if I recall correctly for my MRC x2. It took a bit longer as I had the factory chop two inches off the barrel.
I waited for 2 months for my rem 700 xcr2. Although I was really wanted these two rifles it wasnt all that bad as I ordered them in the spring so I had plenty of time before the next season. Additionally I have other deer rifles that I own and love to use so no stress about not having a great rifle to use.